newbie question - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
newbie question
Monday, December 18, 2006 1:58 AM
ok like the title says, is it possible to produce between 270 and 300 psi at a coupling using a CO2 kit, i cant tell you all why b/c then everyone will want to do it but i realy need to know 1 if its possible 2 how. i would use a 10lb tank with a remote opener. the system would also be running a n-ter cooler sprayer and fuel cooler. but the system needs to provide 270-300psi aprox 20 bar at 4 different fittings, prolly run a mainline to a manifold and go from there. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers

Re: newbie question
Monday, December 18, 2006 1:28 PM
im confused what are you trying to blow up

Monday, December 18, 2006 1:39 PM
Cheesecake wrote:im confused what are you trying to blow up

i'll assume nothing with co2...

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, December 18, 2006 2:04 PM
ok, i guess ill let the cat outta the bag but dont tell anyone, its still a secret

Monday, December 18, 2006 2:56 PM
um yea....and that is?

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Monday, December 18, 2006 3:52 PM
So you want to run the max pressure........and blow something up is what you're saying!

Plus, why not just use compressed air if all you need is pressure.....

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Monday, December 18, 2006 5:45 PM
b/c i dont have a compressor or know of one that produces more than 150psi, and what the hell is your guyz obsesion with blowing something up?!?!? by the way those are integral racing air jacks, used on indy cars amongst others

Monday, December 18, 2006 6:12 PM
Well, I said something about blowing up because the thingie ma bobber you posted says the max PSI is the same pressure you want to run! Also, you'll find that running even 30psi through a coupling is pretty difficult. That's why you constantly hear of people running fast spooling turbo's blowing IC and intake couplers off. There's a special coupler that cars such as supra's, sky's, vr4's, etc use when in excess of certain PSI's that are much better than regular coupler's sold at your local parts store. I don't know if it's the actual coupler that's different or the actual clamps!

But since that's off topic now, you basically can't use your idea without using high pressure nozzles and fittings like found on air ride set-ups, compressors, air tools, hydraulic set-ups, etc.

So what are you trying to do? Install these so you can jack up your car with the touch of a button?

Monday, December 18, 2006 9:43 PM
John VanCuran wrote:b/c i dont have a compressor or know of one that produces more than 150psi, and what the hell is your guyz obsesion with blowing something up?!?!? by the way those are integral racing air jacks, used on indy cars amongst others

constantly, no.....thats why you fill up a tank

JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Monday, December 18, 2006 11:22 PM
even my industrial 60gal compressor wont store more than 150 psi, the guys who have these in their cars use an external fiting and compressed nitrogen, but i wanted to try something new, something different, and jamal yes, that is the basic idea, arm the system, push a button and up the car goes.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:07 AM
John VanCuran wrote:even my industrial 60gal compressor wont store more than 150 psi

Wow, you need to find yourself a better tank. Our 10 y/o @!#$ty ass compressor holds 150 like its nothing. Dont even get me started on the industrial one at work......haha

Quote:

the guys who have these in their cars use an external fiting and compressed nitrogen, but i wanted to try something new, something different, and jamal yes, that is the basic idea, arm the system, push a button and up the car goes.

interesting concept

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:55 PM
Ok here's the problems, suggestions, and alternatives to what you're doing!

Problems:
You car has to be about 3-5in off the ground......The frame that is. Nothing else will be strong enough nor balanced enough to support it. 2nd problem, your car weighs double an Indy car (please correct me if wrong) and those can only support so much for so long! The actual jack mechanism has to be installed in a hide away "block" of sorts and reinforced pretty heavily to be stabilized while holding the car. Unless you have some type of controller or make the air / nitrogen / etc lines an equal length and locate the main module in a centerized area, the lift time will be greatly off. In other words one side will start lifting before the other or one corner will lift faster than the adjacent corner putting the car in a teeter totter motion.

Suggestions / Alternatives:
Since I've been sorta thinking about doing this also, I suggest you play around with the $10 Wal-mart alternates to get a better idea of what you can do. The sale the little 4-6ton mini cylinder jacks that can be modified to work in the EXACT same way. Will cost less and give you a ton more experience into getting the ones you posted above. Learn to weld, cut, and bend metal as you'll have to do a lot of it to make proper braces for the jack.

That's it for now!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:17 AM
im a professional welder, whats to learn, i already talked to the manufacturer and worked out the placement and what not i just didnt know how to deliver the preasure.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 2:14 PM
Quote:

i already talked to the manufacturer and worked out the placement and what not i just didnt know how to deliver the preasure.

and what did they tell you when it came to that? the could tell you where and how to mount it, but you couldn't work something out w/them as to make the system work? if they couldnt tell you about you idea working or not with their product, then there's no chance we'll know.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 9:29 PM
the told me that they suggest running a hardline to an external mounting location and use compressed nitrogen, they dont know how to drop the preasue down enough using the setup i wanna use or using any onboard setup for that matter, so thats why i turned to you nitrous guyz

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:45 PM
John VanCuran wrote:b/c i dont have a compressor or know of one that produces more than 150psi, and what the hell is your guyz obsesion with blowing something up?!?!? by the way those are integral racing air jacks, used on indy cars amongst others

You want to turn your cav. into a nascar?

deleted
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 2:32 PM
hell no!!!!!! last i knew hillbilly race cars didnt use air jacks, however F1 race cars and D1 drift cars use them almost exclusively

Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:29 PM
cavy tuner911 wrote:hell no!!!!!! last i knew hillbilly race cars didnt use air jacks, however F1 race cars and D1 drift cars use them almost exclusively
they use them because they are DRIFTING AND TEARING THROUGH TIRES......i doubt your cav is going through tires like a d1 or f1 car.......for real get a life and put your @!#$ on some air ride yo. end!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search