1/4 mile times before and after engine build - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1/4 mile times before and after engine build
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:40 PM
i recently put in my new engine before with the stock eng and 3 spd the car ran a 17.8 -18.0 . mods done at that time were a p/p head ,msd coils ,wai,walbro pump , 195 cc rc inj , adfpr at 47psi.

engine has synthetic oil .

ported intake
2 1/2 exhaust
ported head
head is also shaved 20 thosandths
s/s valves
cometic head gasket
crane roller rockers
crane p-rods
30 over bore
align bored
decked
balanced
volenia forged pistons 9:1
eagle rods
polished and lightened crank
all new internal parts
ported intake man
57mm throttle body
cavalier conn under drive pulleys
aeromotive fpr
walbro 255 fuel pump
nos direct port wet kit 125 shot
complete msd set up dis 2 inter blocks coils
trans has a red eagle upgrade kit with a yank 2900 stall converter with bm synthetic fluid

now when i timed the car it ran a 16.92 -16.95 bringing about a saecond off the time not to bad i think seeing its still at stock comp ratio of 9:1 . and a 3spd auto .

13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg

Re: 1/4 mile times before and after engine build
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:00 PM
something is wrong man. I'm glad that your happy with those times, but 1 second for all those mods would not make me happy. I honestly would have to assume there is something not working right. I know that the 3 speed sucks but those times just don't seem right. The bolt ons and spray should have more then doubled your stock power. I really don't know what to say. Maybe notec or some of the other 2200 guys can shed some light on the situation.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:25 PM
no soory these times are without any nitrous just all motor times sorry .

13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:33 PM
i was going to say with all that work times should have been better but w/out spray i'm sure your time will drastically increase,i know i ran a 16.7 with a 98 vert 2.4L auto(heavy car,as we all know)loaded with full audio sys.,spare tire,etc,and only a w.a.i,(spray wasn't working correctly at the time)had a terrible r/t as well-.667

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:45 AM
Oh wow....I thought you meant with the spray. lol. Thats a lot more reasonable then. I wonder what kind of times you'll get with the direct port??? I would be happy with a second of NA on our motor. congrats

Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:02 PM
thanks , hey has anyone ever done the 2.3 l t/b swap could you tell any difference i put the stock one on and right now but i picked up a 2.3l t/b and im thinking of doing the swap ??

Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:14 PM
The 3.2 tb swap is rather easy, on my setup im using only 2 bolts to hold it to the intake manifold, youll see which 2 i mean, the only 2 that line up... and you need a vacuum tee because there isnt 3 ports on the back of the tb, theres only 2, so teeing the line is the way i went (im sure you can fabricate a port on the tb itself, but a tee is easier).

then theres the throttle wheel being in the wrong place (wrong degree), its turned farther than the stock 2200 one, theres a number of solutions that someone creative could come up with, me i jsut took a small bolt and tied the throttle cable to the bolt and bolted it to the wheel in the correct location for the pedal... event has a tutorial on how to switch the wheel to the stock 2200 one, which i will *eventually* do...
Friday, January 26, 2007 5:57 AM
Those times seem pretty good seeing as you really didn't do much as far as adding airflow or efficiency. If you're running the juice, why stock compression pistons? and why the stock cam?

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Monday, January 29, 2007 9:26 AM
Quote:

i recently put in my new engine before with the stock eng and 3 spd the car ran a 17.8 -18.0 . mods done at that time were a p/p head ,msd coils ,wai,walbro pump , 195 cc rc inj , adfpr at 47psi.

engine has synthetic oil .

ported intake
2 1/2 exhaust
ported head
head is also shaved 20 thosandths
s/s valves
cometic head gasket
crane roller rockers
crane p-rods
30 over bore
align bored
decked
balanced
volenia forged pistons 9:1
eagle rods
polished and lightened crank
all new internal parts
ported intake man
57mm throttle body
cavalier conn under drive pulleys
aeromotive fpr
walbro 255 fuel pump
nos direct port wet kit 125 shot
complete msd set up dis 2 inter blocks coils
trans has a red eagle upgrade kit with a yank 2900 stall converter with bm synthetic fluid

now when i timed the car it ran a 16.92 -16.95 bringing about a saecond off the time not to bad i think seeing its still at stock comp ratio of 9:1 . and a 3spd auto .

No offense to your accomplishment here but if your a BMW tech why not put your knownlege and skill into an M3?

ASE Certified Techician
DaimlerChrysler Certified Techician
Va Safety Inspector
Member Of TECHNET Professionals
Member Option D Racing
Monday, January 29, 2007 10:08 AM
get rid of that 3 speed.....

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:26 AM
WTF? What motor do you have? Damn! The old sunturd convert has the 5speed and 2.4 and I broke into the 15's with less work than what you did. Did you have it tuned? Are you runnig ghetto slick's? Somthing dosent sound right...were those times in the 1/2 to 3/4 mile?

Having fun with the grocery getter.

Friday, February 09, 2007 10:01 AM
Quote:

No offense to your accomplishment here but if your a BMW tech why not put your knownlege and skill into an M3?

True that. Especially since there is a kit now to bolt in an ls1 into the e36's bmw's........

Friday, February 09, 2007 10:07 AM
come on have any of you actually priced a m3 ??? lol ! your looking at for a used e36 body 10-13 thosand still if not more depending on what they have in it . this was my girls car and she gave it to me when she bought her new one . so i started tinkering with it and it just went from there . i also have kids from a previous marriage so i dont have much to play with . lol!

Friday, February 09, 2007 7:26 PM
I think converting to a 5 speed would make you a MUCH happier man. and dip you into mid 14's./.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Friday, February 09, 2007 8:36 PM
My e36 cost me $6000. It is real clean, and it had only 83k on it. Granted it is only a 325, but cmon man its still a BEE EM DOUBLE YOU!

Friday, February 09, 2007 8:46 PM
hey so you have a 325i 6000 aint bad i guy i work with at the dealership has a turbo kit with intercooler piping for your car if your interested ?? hit me up . before i started on this car i was looking at a 97 m3 with the 3.2l eng . but he wouldnt budge from his price of 12000 . it had a chip , exhaust and about every bolt on you could get . lol! you need to get a 325i 89 (e30 ) 5 spd we got one at the shop the guy runs a 100 shot wet system on it that thing moves .

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:57 PM
i have almost same mods with 75 shot best time is 13.90 u need to spray

1995 3pd 13.90 1/4 mile.
Monday, April 02, 2007 6:01 PM
I have no clue what you were doing when you ran those times in your car before the build with those mods....My piece of sh*t '96 4dr sedan with its 2.2 and 3spd auto will run 17.5 in the quarter on stock tires spinning off the line. It also has 250,000kms I drive the hell out of it and it has no mods. Are you sure your driving it right??? Don't wanna sound like a jerk but somethings messed man.

1990 Z24, mint shape-Under construction...soon to be Z24GTP
1996 cavalier base sedan aka the "purple people eater" my beater
1999 Z24-Sold.
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 6:04 PM
What are you tuning you fuel system mods with? I see that your changing injectors, adding a MUCH higher flow fuel pump, and messing with your FPR. How have you kept the AFR proper with those mods?

My guess is your running rich as hell and could knock those times quite significantly if you truly arnt running any managment. Have you even hooked up a wideband?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search