New personal best for the n2o CavFire, woot! - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New personal best for the n2o CavFire, woot!
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:23 PM
Decided today at the last minute to go to the track and have a little fun since I had nothing better to do. Showed up almost 2 hours into the test n tune so I only got 2 runs in... but I made em' count. First one I didnt hook up too great, pulled a 14.5 (still better than my 14.6 run) and 2nd run I punched it just right... still spun a bit and unsure of my bottle pressure (fitting was leakin so i disconnected it) but I am happy to say I pulled a 14.2 @ 97 mph on open diff & street tires. Cant wait to get my DR's as soon as I can afford them... 13's or bust!

Timeslip - (will scan actual later)

R/T - .100
60' - 2.256 (need to improve still)
330 - 6.165
1/8 - 9.293
mph - 78.93
1000 - 11.998
1/4 - 14.2xx
mph - 97.90

Wish my friend woulda gotten the vid of me runnin... but her camera wouldn't focus right... blah... =-\

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!

Re: New personal best for the n2o CavFire, woot!
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:26 PM
Awesome Man!!! Great times!

It's about time you pulled a nice time outta that car! Anyways, how's life in FL?

Goodluck getting in the 13's

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:30 PM
not bad, not bad at all =) Work and hopefully school soon as i can afford to go... haha. CavFire's gettin a new set of clothes soon... bodykit is on its way, gettin delivered on friday (yea the shop FINALLY got the damn thing to me!) And the n2o kit is gonna get upgraded as the funds are available... who knows, all I know is I'm pushin her to the limits come hell or high water!

Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:31 AM

i like the name. haha. Nice times. I'm sure some exhaust would help out a lot. What kit are you gonna get?

Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:38 AM
haha love the vanity plate Lemur =) I JUST ordered my plate today at the dmv, Just got a simple "CAVFIRE" plate since the cops round here are always a pain in the azz. Kit is gonna be an Evo 5 sides & rear... nothing for the front yet since the shop couldn't get me a mixed kit. No biggie tho since it was all free =) When I get the cash together i'll prolly get a Razzi front to go with the rest. One step at a time =)

Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:09 PM
nice times... hopefully ill get around the same results with my 2200 this summer.

Friday, March 16, 2007 3:56 AM
nice i see 13's coming and congrats i knew your car would do it now i want to see a 13 sec pass on street tires

Friday, March 16, 2007 12:34 PM
Oh believe me... I am determined to break 13's if it kills me =-) tee hee...

funny part was when I warmed my tires I gave it a little too much gas... and hopped a hair... this fat guy on the sideline started laughin at my car and pointing and all that stuff... my 14.2 pass I ran against a nitrous fed BMW 323 (unsure on shot or what they do normally) but he barely got me out of the hole... but by the time I grabbed 2nd I was flyin by him... I did the 14.2 to his 14.7

Next lap around.... fat guy wasn't laughing...

Monday, March 19, 2007 12:11 PM
lol

Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:16 AM
Nice time!!!

I have almost the same mods as you, bottle coming this summer!! Can't wait for that damn snow to melt!!!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:47 AM
great times Jake!!! Well you should have told me that you were going down to the track i only live 7 mins from there and would have come down and video taped it for you!!!

On a side note....you are about to have company in the world of NX cavaliers!!!! thats right eric will be spraying in about 2 weeks or so!!!

we deff need to have a cav shoot out!!

Also will prolly need your help on install...get ahold of me next week sometime!!

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Thursday, March 22, 2007 3:19 PM
so you are rolling on the stock tires? Are those pretty bad for your launches? I just got some new rubber for my 17's and i'm worried about how they are going to hook up, so i was thinking about picking something up for the steelies at the track. I'll have to see how those drag radials work out for ya. Also, do you have any tips for me going to the track for my first time this season?

Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:25 PM
Lower the pressure in your tires!!!, no system!!! dont be pissed off if you arent super fast the first couple times....jakes been about 10 times so far and has seen ups and downs with the track conditions, weather, and dif tires!!

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Friday, March 23, 2007 12:18 AM
best tip i can give personally... bigger tires = the suck. I ran my first run on the nitrous at a 14.6 on my 14" steelies, then I tried a set of 15" Alloys (the ones I'm sellin) and I couldn't get anything better than a 15.2 with them... had great launches with them, but the rotating mass killed me after about the 1/8 mile. All my best pulls were with my stock 14" steelies.

Ummm lets see... launch at around 3k-3.5k thats where I usually do... you get a little wheel hop but its not horrible. My drag radials I'm gettin hopefully soon will fix that. And dont wait for the green light... launch at the last yellow. If you see green ur going too slow =)

Also no real need to warm ur tires on the burnout pit, its pointless without slicks. Just bypass the water pit all together (you'll see what i mean) And if you need to just chirp them a little to get any excess water off ur tires real quick.

Aside from that... shift next to redline (least thats what i do, lol) Around 6200-6300 whichever it is... cant remember right now since its 4am... lol...

Not sure if I'm missin anything.... Oh Yea!

Dont for the love of god go with anything more than an 1/8-1/4 tank of gas in the car... you wouldn't believe how much weight that sh!t puts on ur car... lol... Every pound counts... literally... lol

Friday, March 23, 2007 12:53 AM
thanks man. i'll try to follow your advice when i go

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search