Need Help, No2 Leak - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Help, No2 Leak
Saturday, March 24, 2007 2:41 PM
I purchased an NX Kit for my 2004 Ecotec sunfire. Got everything set up correctly, fuel/nos sol click etc, my problem is when I filled up my bottle and hook it up. If I open the valve the nitrous comes out rapidly on the line and freezes around it. Of course I instantly shut it off, was slowly opening it anyway. I have the wingnut as tight as possible. But it still is doing it, instructions say nothing about any sealer or anything, please help me out here.

Re: Need Help, No2 Leak
Saturday, March 24, 2007 3:33 PM
which line you talking about? The line thats coming directly off the bottle? Or one of the lines going in or out of the n2o solenoid? Cause you shouldn't have to put sealer on the bottle fitting... but all the other fittings need sealer badly (had a lot of leaks before I finally sealed mine completely, royal pain!) lol... but yea... you shouldn't have a leak off the feed line from the bottle... otherwise I think it might be stripped.. dunno...

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Saturday, March 24, 2007 6:11 PM
Had a similiar problem,ended up having to replace the whole braided line

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:39 AM
I figured it out, I didnt have the line lined up with the bottle correctly, was more so slanted, so fixed it and allowed me to tighten up the bottlenut the rest of the way, all fixed. tested it all out, now running 75 shot after a few test runs with 35 / 50. I've always been a turbo kinda person, first time playing with nitrous, pretty nice difference when 70ish hp comes out of no where lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search