Basic Help Needed on 2.4 Zex Dry Kit Install - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Basic Help Needed on 2.4 Zex Dry Kit Install
Friday, April 13, 2007 3:52 PM
I am shooting my 2.4 because it is slower than balls and bought a Zex dry kit. I know my engine can handle it because it is fully built and tuned so a 35 or 50 shot should be cake. I have been reading through the FAQs but am still unclear about a few things.

When drag racing a manual when do you hit it? I understand the nitrous will not spray unless you are at WOT but how do you know get the spray out of the hole?? I dont want it there since I have a hard enough time getting traction. 3rd gear really sucks, would it help me to spray then?

Also does anyone have pics of info on the wiring installed? I have downloaded the directions but they are kinda general. Also does anyone have info on the purge kit install? I bought the purge kit and dry kit used for 200$ and want to install it to cool off the SC.

Lastly for people with the GM SC where did you mount the nozzel?

Info on the car is a 2.4, bored, forged, cammed, 2.6 inch pulley, meth, every bolt on, the whole ball of wax. Now it needs spray because it is slower than mollasses, lol.
Thanks
Chris

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
2.3-2.4 HO ADAPTER FLANGES 65$ shipped, Check GP Forum!

Re: Basic Help Needed on 2.4 Zex Dry Kit Install
Friday, April 13, 2007 5:04 PM
I am assuming you have an intercooler?If so look into the NX intercooler spray bar that will cool the incoming air charge and doesn't your water/meth kit cool the charger down a little?

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Friday, April 13, 2007 11:38 PM
Start sprayng in second gear make sure u are over 3k in RPM's and youll be good to go.
Sunday, April 15, 2007 8:04 AM
It doesnt arm until WOT so I wait till I'm out of first, hit the switch then ZOOOOMG

And you paid 200$ for a purge kit .. a purge kit is nothing more than a spare solenoid with a fitting on it..

------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:36 AM
No I paid 200$ for everything including a purge kit, a full ZEX kit, just WO the brackets, lol.

Sounds good, second gear then.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 1:15 PM
i hear most people put the nozzle into the charger so it sprays the fans thus cooling them = more power

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, April 23, 2007 12:30 PM
Yea I have heard that, I have to figure out how they do that. Anyone have pics on how they spray into the SC?

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:01 PM
you can buy a throttle body spacer, the air raid one has 2 taps in it that you can remove and the nitrous jet screws into it, just make sure that it is point towards the s/c

Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:47 AM
none turboed i sprayed into my intake but thats non turboed

13.1 @ 115
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search