Law in PA - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Law in PA
Monday, June 04, 2007 10:24 AM
Anyone know if this was ever passed?

Motorists looking for a little extra speed from nitrous oxide will face hefty fines if Pennsylvania state representatives have their way. On June 30, the Keystone State's lower body voted 196-0 to adopt a measure sponsored by Rep. Josh Shapiro (D-Montgomery County) that would make it illegal to have a N2O bottle inside a vehicle unless it's disconnected while being driven to or from a track. Violating the provision is a $25 offense.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/512.asp

Re: Law in PA
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 2:43 AM
LOL, only $25? thats the same fine we get here in Kentucky for not wearing our seatbelts.....The only thing I would be concerned about is if it goes on your record....other than that I wouldnt worry, not many officers will ask if you have n2o, then again dont have the bottle mounted in the car or be purging up and down the highway.

PROUD MEMBER OF JBOK.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 3:42 AM
even if it was dont be an idiot and use it on the street or purge it on the street.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 10:55 AM
If Im on the street and I have the "urge to purge" im gonna let it rip......with no cops around of course

PROUD MEMBER OF JBOK.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:18 PM
LOL thats kinda lame... As if it was any more difficult to have N2O in PA as it is. Heck just try to find the stuff.... royal pain in the azz lol.... and when ya do find it, 5.00 a lb at least =-o I am happy to be back in FL for that fact, lol

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 8:04 PM
my last bottle fill was $4 a pound. and im in PA.

Thursday, June 07, 2007 3:56 PM
Well when I went to look for it I ended up drivin 45 minutes & spendin 5 a lb, that was last fall, and compared to 2.50ish down here in FL I was almost floored, lol.

Saturday, June 09, 2007 3:49 AM
where did you go in PA? i drive 2 hours to get mine filled down near harrisburg. but i had family and friends in the area so i went to see them afterwards. then the track i race at have refills but they charged 4.25

Saturday, June 09, 2007 10:23 PM
Out past Altoona I believe... cant remember the place's name, I pretty much was down to the wire on needing it for the track the next day and basically the first place I found was where I went since all the places I tried told me that they were the closest who could do it... sucked royally LOL

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 6:23 AM
There is a place in YORK and in LANCASTER that fill N2O

Dont remember prices as i just noticed the sign hanig in the windows.
Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:40 AM
im out in moon, theres a place here that fills. as far as the law goes....unless u r purging on the street, how will they know....unless your a dumb *ss getting pulled over for something stupid, and they search your car. but for $25 who gives a f*ck....i dont consider that a heafty fine. I dont think it would/could go on your record, because its not a moving violation, its a street legality thing.

Monday, June 18, 2007 1:30 PM
wow you guys are paying tons for N20, here in kansas city I have paid an average of about $2.50/ lb and when ever it get high or more expensive ive paid maybe $2.75/lb. I feel for you guys paying tons of money, i cant imagine paying almost five dollars per pound, i dont think i would spray very often!

Friday, June 22, 2007 6:57 PM
sorry to thread jack buddy, didnt realize it until i re-read the thread. my bad!

Friday, June 22, 2007 7:02 PM
We have that law already in NY. Whats the problem? Just disconnect it on the streets...

Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:25 PM
Motorists looking for a little extra speed from nitrous oxide will face hefty fines if Pennsylvania state representatives have their way.

$25

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search