n2o ecotec? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
n2o ecotec?
Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:18 PM
i recently installed a nos 50 shot on my cav auto 03. its a dry shot and i was wondering about the vacumm line coming off the selenoids. i was wondering theres a t fitting that the line from the selenoids goes into does one of the lines from the t fitting go to the regulator and one to the intake? any help would be appreciated

Re: n2o ecotec?
Friday, June 01, 2007 9:45 AM
there is a line that goes from the fpr to the intake. you put one of your lines to the fpr and the other to the spot where the fpr was ran to.

Friday, June 01, 2007 11:40 AM
thanks thats how ive got it hooked up now i can go have fun with her.....

50 shot
Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:11 PM
i'm not sure what kit u have but that T fitting should have a very small hole on one side u need to put the manifolds line on the restricted side. the other two are the nitrous kit and the FPR.
Sunday, June 03, 2007 2:59 AM
i have a holley NOS kit. i checked the t fitting hole size and its all good there. thanks for the advice. i did have another ? though.
i looked on here and found part numbers for the ngk plugs (1 step colder) and delco (2 step colder). if i end up getting rid of my nos kit would i need to go back to stock plugs?
also running 93 octane i didnt run it through the first bottle. but plan on it in the future?
is there any other supporting mods to hold a 50-75 shot. currently i have rk 421 header, magnaflow cat and cat back and a homemade cai.

and last ? if i switch to a different fuel pump one of the ones listed in the stickied post would it make that big of a difference? would i need to change injectors if i did this.

sorry for all the ?s i just want to make the best times i can out of this set up on the least amount of cash.

50 shot
Sunday, June 03, 2007 3:00 AM
i have a holley NOS kit. i checked the t fitting hole size and its all good there. thanks for the advice. i did have another ? though.
i looked on here and found part numbers for the ngk plugs (1 step colder) and delco (2 step colder). if i end up getting rid of my nos kit would i need to go back to stock plugs?
also running 93 octane i didnt run it through the first bottle. but plan on it in the future?
is there any other supporting mods to hold a 50-75 shot. currently i have rk 421 header, magnaflow cat and cat back and a homemade cai.

and last ? if i switch to a different fuel pump one of the ones listed in the stickied post would it make that big of a difference? would i need to change injectors if i did this.

sorry for all the ?s i just want to make the best times i can out of this set up on the least amount of cash.

50 shot
Sunday, June 03, 2007 11:04 AM
05123 nos kit ? (i think thats the part #)
Sunday, June 03, 2007 1:21 PM
idk the part number off hand dual selenoid, 50 65 or 75 shot jets 10 ib bottle

50 shot
Sunday, June 03, 2007 4:49 PM
ya that sounds like the same kit. (thats the best dry kit u can get in my opinion) definitely go with 1step colder plugs ngks for sure.and yes u should change back if you sell the kit. also invest in a bottle heater well worth the money i wouldn't worry to much about the fuel pump the car won't be able to spray much more than a 50 with the stock injectors anyway and putting in bigger ones is not a good idea. just make sure u get a new fuel filter and for god sakes put premium fuel in it your just bagging for that motor to blow even add a good octane boost when your going to use it . but the single best advice i can give u is get on a dyno with a wide band or buy a wide band and make sure your AFR are safe don't assume your AFR are good because u installed the kit like the instructions said and if your running lean its only a matter of time before your going to be sweeping up your motor
Sunday, June 03, 2007 6:09 PM
ill get on a dyno hear in the next month ive been running 93 since the day i bought the car.... however i did run stp fuel system cleaner for a month before i even bought the car... i went today and bought the ac delco two step colder then stock plugs today... i plan on running a 75 shot when im at the track which i only run once or twice a month there..... are the 2 step colders going to be fine with the 50 shot..? and should i gap them or leave them the way they came? im trying not to screw anything up here. i kind of like it running everyday

50 shot
Monday, June 04, 2007 5:37 PM
u will be ok with 2 steps colder just check them once and a while if your not using your nitrous because they will start to get gunked up the gap should be fine u will know if its to big because your engine light will come on from a misfire also i don't recommend trying the 75 shot until u are on the dyno i really don't think your fuel system is going to be able to keep up its probably tapped out with the 50 shot but only the dyno can tell. make sure u start with your 50 shot than move up to the 75shot when u go.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search