Zex dry kit 82011 on my 2.4 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Zex dry kit 82011 on my 2.4
Monday, March 31, 2008 9:11 PM
hey i just bought a zex dry kit 82011. i was reading through a forum sticky which said they are easy to install but not all that good of a setup... just want to know if anyone has ran one good and what they thought of it performance wise? or if ANY one has any advise they can give me about anything would be helpful. i just want it to be tuned right and not blow my motor. Only planed on going with the 55 shot. unless it would be ok with 65 not sure yet.

Re: Zex dry kit 82011 on my 2.4
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 12:19 AM
well to start off with nitrous, you want to make sure you have the correct fuel pressure so that you are not leaning out your motor and detonating. As far as the kit it looks like any other decent kit that zex makes. Look into maybe having a smaller shot to begin with and then if everything is fine then i would go ahead and step up to a 50 shot and higher if wanted. A good thing to keep in mind though, is more nitrous=more fuel! as long as both are in tandem then your fine.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:17 AM
Zex makes some good looking kits from what I've seen...but I prefer the NOS kits, myself. But that's neither here nor there.

I would def. up your idle fuel pressure (to the point where it's higher but the car still runs smoothly.) Also, colder spark plugs. The dry kit should BLAST fuel pressure up when it sprays (at least the NOS kit does) so that you're actually over-compensating when it comes to fuel-to-nitrous ratio. But that's a good thing--rich doesn't blow motors. Happy spraying!

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 10:47 AM
where can i find a direct mount afpr with gauge? and also colder plugs? recommendations?
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 10:50 AM
also what should i put the fuel pressure at? im going to be running a A/F ratio gauge to kinda watch whats going on with fuel.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 12:29 PM
as far as spark plugs go, you need regular copper plugs usually 1 or 2 steps colder than factory and absolutely NO PLATINUM. also fill out your reg so that we can know what engine you have, once thats done just search on google for adjustable fuel pressure regulators, there is a couple out there and you will be spending a few bucks on it but it is completely worth it! fuel pressure should be set to factory whenever you are drving around town, if you have a 2200 it should be between 41-47 at all times according to alldata. When you go to the track and decided to spray then you could bump your pressure by a couple PSI to be safe while spraying nitrous and then turn it back down when done spraying. Only thing is that you are gonna have to pop your hood every time you wanna adjust your pressure though.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 3:52 PM
Thomas Spidell wrote:also what should i put the fuel pressure at? im going to be running a A/F ratio gauge to kinda watch whats going on with fuel.[/quote

I just told you in my last post...good luck with the nitrous install. If you don't start listening better, though, it's not gonna be pretty.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 10:43 AM
what am i not listening to?..........what plug do you guys recommend?
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:01 PM
anything copper not platinum! alot of guys here go with the NGk plugs but i think anything should work as long as they are within the things that i specified. i run some autolites i think 2 steps colder copper of course. you can usually go to your parts store and ask them for plugs for your car that are colder than factory non-platinum.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 5:36 AM
Thomas Spidell wrote:what am i not listening to?..........what plug do you guys recommend?

I told you in my first post to adjust the fuel pressure regulator higher until the car starts stumbling, then back it down so your idle is fine. Then you asked what to set it at two posts later.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search