another newb question. - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
another newb question.
Wednesday, May 07, 2008 8:59 PM
what should i do/ what do i need to do if i wanted to install a 75shot cheater kit?will it damage anything running n2o

Re: another newb question.
Wednesday, May 07, 2008 9:38 PM
cheater kit? i dont like the sound of that

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, May 08, 2008 12:00 AM
99redz24 wrote:cheater kit? i dont like the sound of that

Im pretty sure he is just referring to a sneaky pete type of a kit with a smaller bottle so that its easier to hide.

John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith wrote:what should i do/ what do i need to do if i wanted to install a 75shot cheater kit?will it damage anything running n2o

alright when running a shot that big fuel becomes an issue, unless you run a wet kit. I would personally recommend running a wet kit with that high of a shot so that you dont lean out your motor and get detonation. As long as you install the kit according to the instructions and make sure you only spray at wide open throttle then you should be ok with stock internals on an LD9, as long as their is enough fuel. Also if you are looking to run big shots like that, maybe you should look into buying a progressive controller or do a dual stage with a 35 shot at first and then stepped up to a 75. Hopefully this helps.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 1:28 AM
John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith wrote:what should i do/ what do i need to do if i wanted to install a 75shot cheater kit?will it damage anything running n2o

First read everything u can about nitrous before u start installing it. If u spray 75 shot your clutch won't last very long. Get your self a wideband and keep an eye on it while spraying.
Thursday, May 08, 2008 6:49 AM
ok so the first thing ive noticed, is that i shouldnt run a 75 shot to start..i should go with a 35 or someting
Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:48 AM
well its not a question of how much, its whether you know enough about nitrous to spray something that big and be safe. I will post up a couple links that should give you some information on the subject and id highly recommend you do your research before starting to mess with nitrous. A wideband like stated above would be a good addition to your car because it can tell you exactly how your running and give you the piece of mind that everything is safe, the closest to 14.7:1 you are the better your motor will feel.

here are the links:
Holley Q&A on N2O

here is a great book that would tell everything you need to know and really and it would be able to be used as a reference in the future.
How To: N2O

this one is short and sweet and has some good facts
How N2O works

Thursday, May 08, 2008 7:30 PM
Luis Marroquin wrote:well its not a question of how much, its whether you know enough about nitrous to spray something that big and be safe. I will post up a couple links that should give you some information on the subject and id highly recommend you do your research before starting to mess with nitrous. A wideband like stated above would be a good addition to your car because it can tell you exactly how your running and give you the piece of mind that everything is safe, the closest to 14.7:1 you are the better your motor will feel.

here are the links:
Holley Q&A on N2O

here is a great book that would tell everything you need to know and really and it would be able to be used as a reference in the future.
How To: N2O

this one is short and sweet and has some good facts
How N2O works

14.7:1 is way too lean. You wanna run on a rich side when spraying. 13.5:1 is where u wanna be. I would hit mid 12 a/f at wot with nitrous.
Friday, May 09, 2008 2:29 PM
but 14.7:1 is stoichiometric, so why run any richer?

Monday, May 26, 2008 9:42 PM
^ A richer air/fuel ratio decreases cylinder temps, egt's, and detonation.

Buy My Crap.
Random Stuff:http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6590
Saab Turbo Kit: http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=65062#post65062
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:21 PM
cause you dont want to find out first hand what happens when you lean out while spraying
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search