octane booster - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
octane booster
Sunday, November 02, 2008 10:01 AM
I am about to install nitrous in the next month, and we dont have racing fuel readily available here, and I am wondering what is your opinions on running octane booster in the fuel with nitrous? I mean, what are the negative outcomes of doing this, I can only see positive things from using it, but I am very new at this... Thanks

98z24, lowered 2", aem intake, cat-back striaght pipes!, cop ligths in the front and rear, 18" liquid metal's, primer black, tint, full audio and video.

Re: octane booster
Sunday, November 02, 2008 12:11 PM
A waste of money,stick with 93 octane if your going to run nitrous all the time

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, November 02, 2008 12:38 PM
I do run 93 octane, along with and octane booster when I go to the track, i am just wondering if it will have any ill effects when I spray a wet shot?

98z24, lowered 2", aem intake, cat-back striaght pipes!, cop ligths in the front and rear, 18" liquid metal's, primer black, tint, full audio and video.
Sunday, November 02, 2008 2:57 PM
No it will not

Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:39 PM
93 octane + octane booster = 94 octane

If you want race fuel it can be shipped to you, look into it. The question is, do you really need it?

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, November 02, 2008 4:58 PM
really need it? Probably not, I am running stock internals (9.7:1). So It is probably not a must, but I am new to nitrous, and my buddy who has nitrous on his mustang preaches to me about running good quality high octane fuel with nitrous. But I thought octane booster would give me more than 1 point. Probably not due to it being so cheap!

Monday, November 03, 2008 7:27 AM
There are some oct. boosters that say they give 1-10 points but are expensive,I personally wouldn't waste the money,especially running nitrous with a stock tune.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:13 PM
Ultra 94 and call it a day.

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Friday, November 07, 2008 8:27 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:There are some oct. boosters that say they give 1-10 points but are expensive,I personally wouldn't waste the money,especially running nitrous with a stock tune.

Exactly. Just putting higher octane fuel in your car doesn't do anything at all unless the car is tuned (timing and such) to take advantage of the higher resistance to detonate. You need it for the bottle, but unless you got HPT you've been wasting your time and money throwing that octane booster in your fuel. Hell even running anything other than regular 87 octane has been a waste.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search