question about jets, and plugs - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about jets, and plugs
Friday, July 17, 2009 8:17 PM
Hi..im expecting to get my Dry nitrous kit running this upcoming thusday night. I am using a NOS nozzle, I want to go a bit at a time....should I start with a 50shot? or less? Im not expecting to go above 75hp.
can you guys tell me the jet numbers from nos to get...25hp, 50hp, 75hp

another question is.....are colder plugs a MUST or will I be ok by using my current ones...which are boch platinum.

This is going into a Cavalier 2.4 automatic with short ram intake, headers and magnaflow exhaust.

Thanks I appreciate your help.

Re: question about jets, and plugs
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:26 AM
I'm kinda new to the nitrous game too, but i'm sure you need different spark plugs. FOR SURE.

I found this link on the forums a while ago, it should help you with the jet size. http://www.robietherobot.com/nitrousjetcalculator.htm

I'm aiming for a 55 dry shot this summer.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:34 AM
Colder plugs will cost you around 10.00 or less...put them in.

You didn't tell us which motor you have, but for testing, I would start with a 40-shot and work your way up from there. I used to have the part numbers memorized when I used to spray all the time. But alas...now I don't. Call NOS tech support for the exact numbers.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:43 PM
if it helps at all, my jet sizes are 42 n2o/ 22 fuel for a 75 wet shot..

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Saturday, August 01, 2009 7:56 PM
why a dry shot? What makes you think that its a good idea? Would you add a blower without adding fuel? How about a turbo? NO! So what makes nitrous, which is a power adder, the exception? I don't get it...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search