Maybe gonna piece together a kit...questions - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Maybe gonna piece together a kit...questions
Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:16 PM
Do you think it would be a little cheaper to piece together a nitrous kit? I really wouldnt need butt connectors and stuff. I wouldnt use it. I always solder my stuff.

How long would a 5 lb bottle last? I dont think I want something bulky, unless you can give me a good reason to go with the 10 lb.

Thanks.

'00 GMC Sonoma 2200
'02 Chevy Cavalier 2200

Re: Maybe gonna piece together a kit...questions
Friday, August 14, 2009 1:05 PM
To tell ya the truth it's almost cheaper to buy a whole kit. Last time a checked you could get a NOS Sniper Kit for around $299. It did come with a 10 pound bottle but you could always sell that and get ya a smaller bottle off ebay for cheap. Not sure how long a 5 lb bottle would last i've not known anyone that has used one.

Friday, August 14, 2009 5:20 PM
The formula for calculating your nitrous usage is: 0.8 lbs N2O X 10 seconds = 100 horsepower. I.E. If your system is jetted for 100 horsepower it will use 0.8 lbs of nitrous for every 10 seconds of usage.

And I've tried many times over the past few months to find the cheapest way to get nitrous in our cars. The Sniper kit actually comes out $50-75 cheaper than their kit on Ebay versus piecing it together!! The only other cheap way is to buy it used from someone you trust

Friday, August 14, 2009 7:58 PM
Ok thanks. Im just trying to plan things out. Im gonna build the motor first and then I guess a nitrous kit. This is all for my Sonoma 2200. The reason I ask about a smaller bottle is because im not sure where I wanna mount it. Theres plenty of space to mount it in the bed, but im not sure if I want it there.

'00 GMC Sonoma 2200
'02 Chevy Cavalier 2200
Saturday, August 15, 2009 10:26 PM
If small not available, whether existing kit dimensions will suit?
Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:29 AM
ummmm.... are you really asking that just because you wouldn't use the butt connectors that come in a kit???

Used is the best value, just make sure everything werks before putting it on!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:22 PM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:ummmm.... are you really asking that just because you wouldn't use the butt connectors that come in a kit???

Used is the best value, just make sure everything werks before putting it on!

No thats not why im asking. I know it wouldnt make a kit cost alot more just because it includes butt connectors. I guess maybe ill search on Ebay for used kits.

'00 GMC Sonoma 2200
'02 Chevy Cavalier 2200
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search