Fuel Line on 2.4L - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel Line on 2.4L
Saturday, September 19, 2009 8:05 PM
Hey on my 2000 2.4 to connect the fuel line to the fuel solenoid do I just cut the rubber hose in half after the fuel rail and use a T fitting supplied with the NOS Universal Wet Kit?

Re: Fuel Line on 2.4L
Sunday, September 20, 2009 9:02 AM
Does the 2.4 not have a vavle on the fuel rail you can use?

Sunday, September 20, 2009 10:09 AM
No, I do not think it does.
Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:25 AM
I was reading the right ups on how to install, and from what i understand there is a scrader valve on your fuel rail. Remove the valve inside it and screw on your fuel line. I believe i have a 2.4 fuel rail in the garage i'll go look in a minute to see if there is one.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:36 AM
Well you'd want to T into the supply line, so that is the hose before the rail. The one that comes out of the FPR is the return line.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:43 AM
Yep, just looked at the one in the garage and no scrader valve. Just tee into the supply line going to the fuel rail.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:46 AM
Stole some info from a post ZYaa made, hope it helps.

"the feed or larger line goes into the right side of the fuel rail, the return line comes out of the left side where the FPR is located."

Sunday, September 20, 2009 6:44 PM
Took this picture from another thread.

Which one of the lines is it? Top or Bottom?

Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:07 PM
Drag it to death wrote:Stole some info from a post ZYaa made, hope it helps.

"the feed or larger line goes into the right side of the fuel rail, the return line comes out of the left side where the FPR is located."

~Jeff
Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:12 PM
Alright, is there any preference weather to install the T on the rubber hose or the hard line part?
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:05 PM
I'd suggest on the rubber part. Make SURE you get the right hose! The parts store has all different kinds of fuel lines rated at different pressures. If you get one that doesn't handle enough pressure, it will burst and throw gas everywhere,not good.

Friday, September 25, 2009 3:55 PM
it is the smaller one of the 2 made that mistake when i put nitrous on my z lol. make sure you clamp that t extremly tight. bc if you lose fuel your car goes boom! detonation is a b**** lemme tell you

PJ
Thursday, October 08, 2009 3:28 PM
Ugh, Well I cut the line, and put the T in and then cranked the clamps on, but for some reason it is leaking fuel from where it is clamped !
Friday, October 09, 2009 4:23 PM
um... its pressurized what did you expect? stagger em so one goes one way and one goes the other. it helps with keeping it tight.

but really... this is the way it should be done....

I must confess... I feel like a monster!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search