Nitrous and turbo - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Nitrous and turbo
Monday, December 06, 2010 7:29 AM
I never understood the make a post for opinion thread, even though I already know what I'm going to do attitude.

Monday, December 06, 2010 5:26 PM
I drive a silver car wrote:I never understood the make a post for opinion thread, even though I already know what I'm going to do attitude.

If you noticed I didnt make my decision until after I read what the others opinions were. If your going to be a smart ass like I said you dont need to post up anything. Thats exactly what I wasn't looking for.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:06 AM
Paul Fisher wrote:
I drive a silver car wrote:I never understood the make a post for opinion thread, even though I already know what I'm going to do attitude.

If you noticed I didnt make my decision until after I read what the others opinions were. If your going to be a smart ass like I said you dont need to post up anything. Thats exactly what I wasn't looking for.

You have Hahn suggesting no N20 who has a company that has designed turbo kits based on the J-Body plat form telling you not to spray. You have another heavily turboed guy telling you to up the boost, you have a nitrous guy telling you to up the boost. Really not one person has suggest you to add N20 without stating concerns.

Tell me if this makes sense, you asked for opinions. You got them, virtually all told you not to do it, yet you will do it anyways. Where does that not seem like your mind was already made up. You can call me an ass all you want, I'm giving you my advice and bringing the fact to light that you seem to have already had your mind made up. If you want to go ahead, I could care less if your blow your motor or as Vince stated take a few other components out in the process. It is 100% for sure safer to add more boost if appropriately prepared for it then to add N20 in the mix.

Do what you want but don't call me an ass for suggesting that you already had your mind made up and therefore are going to do what you want regardless of the best advice. Rookie, attitude.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:48 PM
I drive a silver car wrote:
Paul Fisher wrote:

You have Hahn suggesting no N20 who has a company that has designed turbo kits based on the J-Body plat form telling you not to spray. You have another heavily turboed guy telling you to up the boost, you have a nitrous guy telling you to up the boost. Really not one person has suggest you to add N20 without stating concerns.

Tell me if this makes sense, you asked for opinions. You got them, virtually all told you not to do it, yet you will do it anyways. Where does that not seem like your mind was already made up. You can call me an ass all you want, I'm giving you my advice and bringing the fact to light that you seem to have already had your mind made up. If you want to go ahead, I could care less if your blow your motor or as Vince stated take a few other components out in the process. It is 100% for sure safer to add more boost if appropriately prepared for it then to add N20 in the mix.

Do what you want but don't call me an ass for suggesting that you already had your mind made up and therefore are going to do what you want regardless of the best advice. Rookie, attitude.

Well if you could careless then why are you on here being a douch obviously you must care alittle that you have to put your smart ass comment in there. You couldn't just give your opinion and leave it alone now could.... hmmmmm

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 2:29 PM

This was the douchiest thing that I said which you can read from my previous post has a valid backing. Yet it made you get so butt hurt enough to call me an ass, smart ass and a douche. The mature thing for me to do is make the same statement but I guess since mine was to harsh for you I could have said something more like.

"Mr. Fisher, it appears to me that you really want to spray nitrous oxide regardless of what everyone here tells you. You might want to re-consider your choice as we have many years experience and the vast majority feels you shouldn't. Might I suggest you step back and think if this is really the best choice for you? Even though I personally could care less if you go and do it anyways and your motor goes pop!"

Maybe you should re look the angle consider the fact that maybe I'm right and get over it, I don't run around here trying to not give good advice or piss people off for that matter. But, thank you for giving me something to do while I deuce it up hardcore.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 7:06 PM
I drive a silver car wrote:

This was the douchiest thing that I said which you can read from my previous post has a valid backing. Yet it made you get so butt hurt enough to call me an ass, smart ass and a douche. The mature thing for me to do is make the same statement but I guess since mine was to harsh for you I could have said something more like.

"Mr. Fisher, it appears to me that you really want to spray nitrous oxide regardless of what everyone here tells you. You might want to re-consider your choice as we have many years experience and the vast majority feels you shouldn't. Might I suggest you step back and think if this is really the best choice for you? Even though I personally could care less if you go and do it anyways and your motor goes pop!"

Maybe you should re look the angle consider the fact that maybe I'm right and get over it, I don't run around here trying to not give good advice or piss people off for that matter. But, thank you for giving me something to do while I deuce it up hardcore.

hahah like I said theres a good one for ya. Try it.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 4:27 AM
For real there are several legitimate people saying don't do it. And they have good reasoning. Hahn being the main one telling you. He has built and sold more turbo kits than you have ever looked at in your life. He was boosting probably before you were born. But your motor your call. I just know I would always keep a spare motor to always fall back on. If you blow your @!#$ up it's your fault. I would just not post it here since you will get no sympathy.

Plus if you are at the track and it blows... Way to ruin everyone elses night.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 12:49 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:For real there are several legitimate people saying don't do it. And they have good reasoning. Hahn being the main one telling you. He has built and sold more turbo kits than you have ever looked at in your life. He was boosting probably before you were born. But your motor your call. I just know I would always keep a spare motor to always fall back on. If you blow your @!#$ up it's your fault. I would just not post it here since you will get no sympathy.

Plus if you are at the track and it blows... Way to ruin everyone elses night.

I agree with you guys on that I didn't say I didn't.. Which I explained I do have the extra motor laying around in the garage. That motor I am going to build for just boost and nothing else. Only reason I was going to spray this one is because I have the kit laying around and only thing its going to cost me is the money to get the tank filled. Which I pm ed one of the guys who posted on here and ask them about just boosting this motor more before I made my decision. Like I said I appreciate everyones opinions that they left except for any that ruin the post.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 1:04 PM
I'd sell the kit and put the money towards the engine build. It's like free cash since it's just "laying around"

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 3:02 PM
Darkstars wrote:I'd sell the kit and put the money towards the engine build. It's like free cash since it's just "laying around"

True Never thought of it that way.

Thursday, December 09, 2010 9:24 AM
Exactly. That's the best idea. Hence why i sold my spare motor. Extra money in my pocket I'll have to spend later if I replace this motor.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 5:56 AM
TO OP:

There has been some solid information posted so far. I must admit I am a tad bit disappointed that none of my fellow hard core 2200 brothern hasn't chimed in..

So I am sure you have no idea who I am but. I run a FULLY built 2200, with a built 4T40E and I am turbocharged as well. I was looking to do what you are asking about. But after careful consideration and sound advice from a few people on here I have decided that spraying on my car almost makes zero sense. What you really need to understand about spray and boost is Idle Air Temp will drop drastically and completely throw off any tune you have unless tuned to handle the spray. Which is a crap shoot you either tune for boost w/spray or with out.

If you tune w/spray your drivability will suck when not spraying, when spraying with out tune to adjust for IAT drop your car will run like sh!t. Do what you want but being a 2200 guy with a lot of money in his setup I say no. But to be completely honest its been a hot minute since we have had the chance to read some dumb@ss's " I dun blew my engine up"

Good luck

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search