heater and gauge question - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
heater and gauge question
Sunday, February 27, 2005 10:00 AM
Ok.

So here's the deal, I have a nitrous kit waiting to be installed on to my car. I don't really post much in this forum, i just do a lot of reading. I plan on putting my kit on in the very near future but i still have a few questions first.

Bottle heater. I bought this bottle heater with out an automatic switch to turn it off the heater when the bottle is at a good temp. Now i know that this can be very dangerous if i don't keep a eye on it (this reminds me of the fast and the furious "NOS!!!") anyways im not worried for when im in the car coz i can keep an eye on it but when i turn it off im worried i'll forget. SO if i wire the heater to my ignition fuse, then maybe put a relay and a switch there, should that work?

Also, my bottle will be mounted in my trunk, so it will be hard to keep an eye on the bottle pressure. I want to put a nitrous gauge on my dash to watch it but wouldn't ineed soemthing else so i can mount it on my dash (kinda like mounting a fuel pressure gauge on dash) i hope someone knows what i mean

2004 Nissan Maxima SE w/ Elite Pkg
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Sport Pkg

Re: heater and gauge question
Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:31 PM
* To install a nitrous pressure gauge inside the car, you need to run a braided nitrous line from the solenoids in your engine bay into the INSIDE of the car where the gauge will be located (gauge pillar, most likely)

*Just buy a toggle switch for your bottle warmer--stop thinking about safety so much. The worst thing that COULD happen is that the pressure in the bottle could get so high (bottle gets so hot) that it blows the release valve and empties $50.00 worth of giggle juice into your trunk or through your blow-down tube.

* ^^^ Also in regards to that topic, I've accidentally left my bottle heater on (for an extended period of time) AFTER the bottle hit 950 psi. Generally, it has NEVER climbed higher than that. Most good bottle warmers know when to turn off (via a sensor that touches to the bottle under the velcro straps or warmer itself.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:57 PM
it only goes to 950 psi mine goes upwards of 1100 psi and ive never blown a release valve

"dude, thats a girls car"
NOT ANY MORE!!! PSHHHTTT!!!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:19 AM
if it automatically turns off at a certain temp then why are you worried about it?

Monday, February 28, 2005 7:11 AM
Quote:

* To install a nitrous pressure gauge inside the car, you need to run a braided nitrous line from the solenoids in your engine bay into the INSIDE of the car where the gauge will be located (gauge pillar, most likely)

Thats a mech. one, the electrical gauges are diff and lots easier

Monday, February 28, 2005 7:24 AM
Quote:

* To install a nitrous pressure gauge inside the car, you need to run a braided nitrous line from the solenoids in your engine bay into the INSIDE of the car where the gauge will be located (gauge pillar, most likely

ask yourself one question, do you really want a supply of nitrous looking you in the face like that? most nitrous pressure gauges i seen are mounted to the bottle

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 10:19 AM
or you could get a digital gauge that has a sending unit.... although it'd be cheaper just to buy a new warmer with a pressure/temp switch

Monday, February 28, 2005 10:20 AM
red99cavie wrote:
Quote:

Thats a mech. one, the electrical gauges are diff and lots easier

yeah, what he said

Monday, February 28, 2005 2:52 PM
The bottle heater issue, I'm not familiar with; I don't have one. However, I also have a trunk-mounted nitrous bottle, and I wanted to keep an eye on the pressure as well. Paired with an ATF ratio gauge, my electronic nitrous pressure gauge provided a pretty nifty set up. And you DONT need to run a nitrous line into the car.

I got the gauge pillar here:

http://gaugepods.com/chevy.html

I got the nitrous pressure gauge here:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/ATM6174

I got the adapter that you screw onto the -4AN fitting between your nitrous in hose and your solenoid (in order to connect the electric pressure sensor) here (This was NOT included with the autometer gauge, but it is necessary):

http://performancedepot.com/productdisplay.html?productnumber=76512&sku=65171&hdwt=31101&loc=101&dealer=no

Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:19 AM
Quote:

ask yourself one question, do you really want a supply of nitrous looking you in the face like that? most nitrous pressure gauges i seen are mounted to the bottle

Sure...having a gauge mounted to the bottle is really gonna help you out a lot. You can pull over every 5 minutes to see if you're up to 950psi. Real convenient.

Some people do choose to do the electronic setup--it just wasn't for me, though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search