cruise control question - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cruise control question
Tuesday, December 07, 2010 5:25 AM
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this question. But I was wondering if it is at all possible to add cruise control to my cavalier? I mean can I go to a junk yard and pulling the proper things out of another car and putting it in my car? If it is possible, what wouldi need to get this to work? I have a 2000 cavalier 2.2l base model. I have another question that is totally unrelated, does anyone know who's blue four door cavalier it is that appears on this sites banner? It looks like it is lowered.

Re: cruise control question
Wednesday, December 08, 2010 6:28 PM
On the Cavalier to add cruise I don't believe is possible with going to junk yard and pulling the parts.. You would need the stalk that replace the turn signal stalk and the main cruise module thats mounted to strut tower. But our cars aren't prewired for these parts to just add in.. You'd need the whole harness, which I don't believe will be an easy task..

You can however add an aftermarket cruise to it easily. Audiovox or Rostra make them and they aren't terrible to install.. I work at a shop that installs aftermarket cruise controls. Takes me roughly 4 hours to install and test.. Good luck my friend. hope this helps..
Wednesday, December 08, 2010 6:35 PM
Wednesday, December 08, 2010 11:59 PM
bret hall wrote:On the Cavalier to add cruise I don't believe is possible with going to junk yard and pulling the parts..

Wrong, it can and has been done. I've done it to several cars, and so did this guy to his, with my help pulling the parts: http://www.hotrodder.com/kwkride/cruise.html

It's not EASY... plug and play easy... pulling the wires out of the junkyard harness is a pain, and putting them back in with the harness in the car is a mega pain... but it looks way cleaner than any aftermarket cruise...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search