LED Speakers? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LED Speakers?
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 6:17 PM
I was wounding if bought 2 strips of 1 foot LED lights that just hooked up to a 12v source if there was anyway i could put them around my speakers so that ever time the bass hit they would light up Like the KIA Soul. (NOTE they are not subs just regular car speakers)

Video Here

Re: LED Speakers?
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 6:56 PM
You would need something like the Velleman MK114 Color Organ to convert the sound to light pulse. But yes, it can be done.

Any color organ will work (that's what what you're trying to do is called).

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 7:06 PM
Just watched the bid you used for reference, that would annoy the @!#$ out of me! lol. If you like it, cool, good luck and I wanna see it when you're done...... But god damn I wouldn't be able to drive with that @!#$ going on in my car.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:09 AM
I had my under dash tubes set to pulse with the subs at one point. It was literally the most annoying and distracting thing Ive ever done.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:10 PM
One of my buddies just hooked the lights straight up the positive and negative on his sub and it flashed just fine with the beat.
Friday, January 14, 2011 7:33 AM
Remember, the output of your speakers is AC voltage, not DC.

Friday, January 14, 2011 4:52 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:I had my under dash tubes set to pulse with the subs at one point. It was literally the most annoying and distracting thing Ive ever done.

I had a friend who did it in an aztec. Therefore it went from being the ugliest car in the world to the most annoying + the ugliest. Congrats...

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search