issue with alpine deck and ipod - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
issue with alpine deck and ipod
Friday, January 28, 2011 4:43 PM
Ok so I have an Alpine cda-117 deck and have been running a 5th gen nano off it since I bought both 8 months ago. Everything was great until this morning when I started the car, no tunes! The song title comes up, the track number, and the time of the track, (0.00) but it just won't play, like its paused. Well thats the first thing I checked, to see if it was paused, it wasn't. Everything is connected fine, alpine comes up on the nano screen like normal. Radio works, cd player works, just won't play ipod tracks now. Nothing wrong with the ipod either. I've tried everything I could think of, even disconnected the battery for the afternoon hoping that might reset something. Still no luck!
I'm hoping its just some stupid minor thing that i've overlooked, any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!!

Re: issue with alpine deck and ipod
Friday, January 28, 2011 4:51 PM
Did you try unplugging the ipod and plugging it back in?

Friday, January 28, 2011 4:53 PM
yes I unplugged it and plugged it back in a few times, so frustrating!

Friday, January 28, 2011 4:55 PM
Not much that would make it do that. I'd say make sure AUX+ is turned off, but if it was turned on you shouldn't even be able to get iPod as a source...

If all else fails, trying restoring it in iTunes.

Friday, January 28, 2011 5:09 PM
I will give that a shot, never even thought about restoring itunes, thanks for the tips!

Friday, January 28, 2011 6:09 PM
Ok I restored the ipod and bam everything works again haha! Thank you very much for the help, I definitely never would have thought to restore the ipod!

Friday, January 28, 2011 6:13 PM
cool no problemo

Saturday, January 29, 2011 3:40 PM
You dont need to restore the iPod. Just hold menu and center to do a reset. Mine will do the same thing every couple of months if I leave it plugged in.

Friday, March 04, 2011 2:49 PM
I have this problem with my alpine deck and ipod...it happens when my ipod gets too cold or another random thing like that i live in alberta and i always forget to take it out of my car at night.
I just reset my ipod and turn off and turn back on my deck and its good to go

Friday, March 04, 2011 2:52 PM
Cold + iPod = lots of bad things.

If I forget my iPod in my car overnight in the cold it keeps my entire stereo from working until I unplug it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search