Experience with CDT Audio? - Page 3 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Experience with CDT Audio?
Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:20 PM
Ahhhh now that would be a logical reason. Its amazing what people will do to their car to get high dB numbers in those competitions. Btw got the rainbows today, will be doing my install either tuesday or wednesday. Gotta wait for more packages from mr. mailman

Dave

Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:48 PM
Send pics of everything. I don't know why, but I want pics when people receive orders they placed through me. because IF something is off at all, I would recognize it, you might not. (Brian knows that the factory sometimes can pack things wrong lol)

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:10 PM
Frig that was quick shipping. Hahaha.

I did have some issues with getting all the pieces but they were fixed promptly. Make sure you check all of the boxes. I didnt and sat on my Rainbows for like 3 months before I installed them and noticed I was missing something,

Hell I ended up with some extra crossovers.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys . Im leaving school tomorrow to go back home for spring break so pics will be up tomorrow afternoon.

Dave

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:18 PM
Lucky. Ive got another week to wait! Dammit all.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:20 PM
Haha that sucks dude. Freaking like all my friends from back home all had their break this week so none of em will be home when Im on mine. Oh well gives me quality time installing my stuff and taking off my side moldings since Ill have nothing else to do

Dave

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:25 PM
Sounds good man. Ive got a few things up my sleeve for my break.

Good luck with the install. The only issue I had was that I had to cut the door skin a wee bit but Im running a 1/.2 inch baffle plate. I think it can be done without cutting on a thicker baffle though but I couldnt get a 3/4 one behind the Sunfires door panel.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:31 PM
I suggest a 1/2" baffle for J-bodies for that reason. It's a tight fit with 3/4"

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:34 PM
Lol care to share your plans? Hmmm i might have to to some cutting then. My baffle I think is either a 1/4 of 1/2 inch cant remember off the top of my head. But if I flip it around the other way its like a 3/4 inch baffle. I know it sounds crazy weird how I explained it but Ill post pics tomorrow, it will all make sense. When I had my Type-S's in I used the 3/4 inch side and had to end up cutting my panels since they wouldnt fit behind the panel. Im just hoping with the rainbows I wont have to cut my panels up, really want to keep it clean and stealth looking.

Dave

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:43 PM
Those components aren't very deep, IIRC. 1/2" baffle should be fine to keep them in the stock location behind the panel.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:11 PM
That would be baller if they do fit behind the panels

Dave

Friday, March 11, 2011 8:46 AM
I wasnt having a depth issue. I was having a theyre too wide for the puss 4x6 hole problem. Hahaha.

Friday, March 11, 2011 2:03 PM
Pics of the stuff as requested

box

crossovers

tweeter stuff

woofer stuff

manual and bags of screws I found under the woofers

Dave

Friday, March 11, 2011 4:45 PM
Looks perfect to me. Can't wait for you to install them and tell us what you think.

Friday, March 11, 2011 5:34 PM
Sweet deal Im installing them tomorrow. Also JL dont be surprised if I buy another pair of these off you for my brother's cobalt, hes wanting to get into the audio game. Any recommendations on where to mount my tweeters? I remember reading somewhere that they shouldnt be to far away from the woofer. But I was thinking of mounting them in between the door locks and the dash pad like in the picture. Or should I mount them lower like in the other pic? I always thought having them higher up would be better.

Dave

Friday, March 11, 2011 10:10 PM
get some duct tape. roll it backwards, stick it to the tweeters once all your wires are roughly ran(i know it's a pain, but if you want to get the perfect spot before cutting, it's worth it), then just move them around and sit down and listen. keep moving them (both) and find the spot your ears like best.

Sunday, March 13, 2011 9:03 AM
Aight so yesterday I got everything installed and the speakers work great and sound amazing, really really happy with them. However I have one problem now and I have no idea where I went wrong. So my problem is the neither my drl's or headlight work now. I noticed last night when I was putting my dash back together that the red light on my fog light switch was on (normally this was only on if the fog lights themselves were on). I couldnt figure out why that was and it was really late (I was up til like 2 am lol) so I continued putting my dash back together and would deal with it later.

Now when I went to move my car out of the garage I had a similar issue when I installed my HID's on my old car (disabling my drl's fixed this). I put the car in reverse and the green headlight light (above and right of the tach) flashed like 3-5 times and the was a clicking sound that went along with it, also when that stopped the service light came on. Im going to start checking fuses and such but I didnt have this problem when I installed my headunit and stuff in my old car and everything is wired exactly the same in my current car as my old one. Im not sure where to start so Ill start checking possible fuses. Im thinking there is something tied with my fog switch light being on and my headlights/drl not working but like I said never had this problem before. Also on my current car I have stock headlights on it, not HID's.

Any help would be awesome, kinda need my headlights lol......

Dave

Sunday, March 13, 2011 10:32 AM
Just an update tested all the fuses in the fuse box and under the hood and everything checked out fine. If I take out the fuse for the fog lights the light on the switch goes out, and headlights/drl's still dont work tho. Put the fog light fuse back in and the switch lights up again (keep in mind this is with key not in the ignition at all, its on all the time now). Also my parking lights work just fine, so I think I can rule out the switch on the steering column. So still no headlights, drl's, and fogs. Ill check out some more things later today.

Dave

Sunday, March 13, 2011 10:34 AM
definitely check the fuses, and check any wire you may have touched in the areas of the dash you worked in. That's kind of an odd issue to come up after just installing speakers lol. I will admit, when it comes to quirky J-body specific issues like that, someone else might chime in and give you better advice than me, but it sounds like you either popped a fuse somehow, or knocked something loose?

Sunday, March 13, 2011 10:45 AM
Haha well I installed all my stuff (headunit, sub, amps). What I dont get is I used the same harness and everything as my old car so it should have been just plug and play, but nope lol . Checked all the fuses in the fuse panel and under the hood everything was fine, when I get back later today Ill check out the wires to see if something was bumped or got cut somehow. Btw thanks for recommending the rainbows, I love how natural and musical they sound . Ill keep you guys posted.

Dave

Friday, March 18, 2011 5:35 PM
you may have to run a seperate ign switchiable wire to your red wire on your a/m headunit.

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search