So I want to get some quality drop in coaxials that fit in the front doors... - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So I want to get some quality drop in coaxials that fit in the front doors...
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:09 PM
Any one know what 6" models I have to choose from that would feet. I have the mounting braket/adapter to a 6 inch speaker. Thanks in advance.

Re: So I want to get some quality drop in coaxials that fit in the front doors...
Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:32 AM
Rainbow soundline coaxials aren't too deep, rainbow dreamline kx's even shallower. Both great quality. Which is better for u depends on budget and the power you have available. Those are obviously my recommendations

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Re: So I want to get some quality drop in coaxials that fit in the front doors...
Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:13 AM
I've got 6.5" Alpine Type R coaxials right now

Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:55 AM
How much are you looking to spend?

Dave

Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:12 PM
I have 6.5 alpines too, They are not exactly a drop in though..

I would go for some Infinity 4x6 plates

Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:04 PM
Oh god no on infinities....

But like I asked, and david asked, what's the budget here? When I get home from work, I'll check depths, but I am 99% sure that the rainbow kx coaxials are shallow enough to not give any issues in the doors. They're priced right, built nicely, and foir a drop in coaxial, do a fantastic job.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 1:30 PM
roughly 70 to 100$
Saturday, March 12, 2011 1:33 PM
Actually I would be willing to do some work to get them in.
Saturday, March 12, 2011 2:40 PM
Hate them that much, Dustin? haha

Saturday, March 12, 2011 4:27 PM
Horrible horrible speakers IMO lol. Never heard a pair of Infinity speakers that I thought were worth a damn, let alone worth their price lol.

Anyway, at $70-100 for a pair of 6.5" coaxial's, I've got Rainbow KX165's at $122 shipped. They should sound just fine off stock power, and give you room to amp them and really bring them alive.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:18 PM
Last set I heard didn't sound bad, But you know my audio knowledge.

I'll take your word for it, haha.

Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:49 PM
Installed a few. Thankfully not sold at my shop. Gross.

Add on top of that "4x6" and I vomit.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search