sub problem - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sub problem
Monday, March 21, 2011 4:03 PM
Alright so I just got my system installed like 3 weeks ago by some audio shop. I have two 12" RE powered by a Phoenix Gold amp. This weekend I noticed that my subs didn't sound as loud as before. I finally had time to check them out today and found out that one of the subs is not hitting as much as the other one. I disconnected and reconnected the RCA cables, nothing happened, disconnected and reconnected the speaker wire outside the box, nothing happened. Any suggestions on what my problem could be? Thank you.

Re: sub problem
Monday, March 21, 2011 4:10 PM
Did you check the connections to the amp or the connections inside the box itself?

Dave

Monday, March 21, 2011 4:13 PM
All the wires to the amp look fine. And I haven't checked the wires inside the box.
Monday, March 21, 2011 4:56 PM
If you had it installed at a legit shop, I'm not even going to troubleshoot. Bring it back to them, make it their problem. If they did something wrong, they deserve to fix it free of charge.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Monday, March 21, 2011 5:04 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do tomorrow right after I get out from school.
Monday, March 21, 2011 5:30 PM
Definitely. Come back here if they feed you some BS or refuse to help for free. They installed it, everything should be wired, tuned, and working right.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 4:30 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:If you had it installed at a legit shop, I'm not even going to troubleshoot. Bring it back to them, make it their problem. If they did something wrong, they deserve to fix it free of charge.

yep. take it back.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:17 AM
Did you adjust the gains at all?

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:26 AM
Alright so I took it back to them and apparently one of the cables inside the box was loose and wasn't making contact correctly. Everything is working fine again.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:12 AM
Good to hear, glad the shop fixed it for ya.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search