speaker ring mounting to an uneven surface - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
speaker ring mounting to an uneven surface
Sunday, July 03, 2011 8:41 PM
so i mounted my speakers on the outside of my door panel and they sound so much better that way but there's a problem
my door panel has an uneven surface and the speaker is not level with it. i had to use a lot of butyl to temporary resolve the issue and even out the surface
however what can i use to even out the surface to mount the speakers properly?

Re: speaker ring mounting to an uneven surface
Monday, July 04, 2011 7:52 PM
Pictures would be quite helpful here. I just did the same type of thing to this on Sunday.
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:20 AM
You're mounting mids on a flimsy plastic interior door panel, I'm not going to help you do something so ghetto... You need to build a ring that fits snug between the door panel and door skin and mounts solidly, unless you do that, why can't you mount it like a normal person behind the door panel?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:24 PM
jl, when did i ever say that i mount my mids to plastic interior? and what makes you think i don't have a ring already?
i have a 3/4 mdf ring that i mounted to door panel but there's a gap in 1 spot less than 1/2 wide which i need to cover
now the reason i can't mount my speakers behind door panel to the door is because gm made weird oval openings in a cobalt very close to the edge where the door panel mounts... there's no way i would fit that ring in there
now i found this gap filler use on doors and windows, and wonder if that will hold up?
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:54 PM
I'm still confused on what you're saying though. It sounds like you ARE mounting to the plastic door panel. That's exactly how you explained it. Snag a pic of where you're mounting them, the ring you're using, and the gap you're talking about. Seeing it will provide anyone with advice, with a lot better idea on how to give it.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Wednesday, July 06, 2011 4:44 AM
yeah without a pic its hard to really give you a solution. right now im not even sure where the gap is to tell you a solution to fix it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, July 07, 2011 2:26 PM
i'll snap a pic tonight..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search