new subs - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new subs
Monday, June 06, 2011 10:35 AM
hey guys im in the market for 2 new subs, i really jut want my system to be louder than it is, so id love for some opinions on good subs to go for?

Re: new subs
Monday, June 06, 2011 11:08 AM
Strictly getting loud with no regards for anything else? Also, what amp do u have. Can't recommend speakers without knowing the amp :p

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Monday, June 06, 2011 11:12 AM
Forgot to mention. Budget would be a good one to know too. There's a @!#$ ton of subs out there that can get loud. Just budget, setup, room, amp etc. A lot of specifics that change from person to person.

Monday, June 06, 2011 1:22 PM
What subs are you currently running?
What kind of box?

Monday, June 06, 2011 1:49 PM
well, i dont want crappy sound quality either.. like everyone else around here, right now i have 2 12 kicker comps, only one works and its in a sealed box, and it is hooked up to a 1400 watt class d mono bloack boss amp, i dont like boss but this amp has been great so im not looking for a new amp just 2 new 12s and then ill build a box myself for them. or have one built. and it will be ported.
Monday, June 06, 2011 1:51 PM
budget. not 100% sure yet, but i know i wont spend over 300, i know thats not alot lol but i dont have the best job and im not looking for compitiion grade subs, just something thats loud with good quality, what i have now is louder than you would think but just not enough anymore
Monday, June 06, 2011 1:53 PM
Usually an amp is an amp is an amp, so as long as the build is good and the components are good you might as well stick with it.

Those Kicker Comps are only meant to take about 200-300 watts per usb, so if you don't have that amp tuned right I wouldn't be surprised they blew.

Go with some CompVR's or Alpine TypeR's. Or list the brands you have access to locally and I can tell you which subs are in the right range.

Monday, June 06, 2011 2:03 PM
amp brand/model number?

car audio noob since 1984.
Monday, June 06, 2011 4:06 PM
bradsk88 wrote:Usually an amp is an amp is an amp, so as long as the build is good and the components are good you might as well stick with it.

It's a Boss branded amp... you really think it was built good with nice components?

Not to bash the OP, though. If the amp is something you just don't want to replace, that's fine. But what is the model number for us to look up to actually see all the specs on it? Would be nice to know before recommending subs. And also so you don't go buy the wrong coil configurations either!

Monday, June 06, 2011 4:49 PM
i wouldnt actually be able to tell youthe model number its an older amp, got it from a frend whom never used it about a year ago, idk when he got it. but i understand its boss and trust me i dont like boss stuff either but this amp has done great so far and im sticking with it, im thinking alpine type rs bc i know they can take the power, im surprised the kickers i have are able to take the power as is
Monday, June 06, 2011 4:53 PM
finally i found it here is a link to the amp
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2065_Boss-RIP-696.html

Monday, June 06, 2011 5:04 PM
You miiiiiight be able to get 3-400 rms out of that amp. It only has 30 amps of fusing. That being said, I'd suggest a new amp if you're planning on running two. I say this because you'll want more than what that amp is able to put out and end up clipping it to @!#$ and frying those type arrrghhs if you're not careful. (I have a blown r sitting at my house that was blown off of 300 watts with lots of bass boost and clipping...*facepalm*)

I completely recommend alpine type r's for anyone who's looking to get some bang for their bucks. Their type r door speakers aren't bad either.
Monday, June 06, 2011 7:07 PM
BassJunkie wrote:type arrrghhs

New England much?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, July 22, 2011 4:39 AM
if your on a tight budget but you want good quality and your runnning a boss amp that is probalby only putting out half the power on its best days. id probalby look into buying one solid quality 12. run it off your boss amp. then when money allows upgrade to a quality amp and add the second sub. going with two subs for 300 bucks your not going to really take a huge step up in quality where as with one sub u could get a really good one. build a box that has seperate chambers and you will be all set to add the other sub when money allows.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search