Battery went dead - now CD player won't work - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Battery went dead - now CD player won't work
Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:53 PM
I live in Chicagoland and we had a recent brutle cold wave. For the 1st time my 2004 Cavalier wouldn't start and needed to be jumped. We let it sit with the cables on and it fired right up. But...now the factory CD shows 'error', a CD will slide in, won't play, then slides out. The radio seems fine. I had an aftermarket alarm installed 3 1/2 years ago & have had no troubles. Before we jumped the car the car was faintly beeping from the alarm. We jumped it, I let it warm up for about 15 minutes, went to the drive-in at the bank (afraid to shut it off) and it drove with no problems. Now today I tried to start it and everything is dead again. My friend has a portable booster he said I could use to jump it. I only drive it about 60 miles a month, am disabled on a small monthly check, and without my car I'd really be in trouble. It's hard to get through the month let alone car repairs. I need some help! The car turn 72K recently. can anyone help me? I'm stranded. No doctor visits, grocery store, etc. Sorry for the long post...I'm helpless about what to do. Any help would be great. No family or friends to ak for rides. Please help.

Re: Battery went dead - now CD player won't work
Sunday, January 22, 2012 10:34 AM
You either need a new battery or a new alternator. Take it to your local Autozone or similar store. They can check it for free.

Re: Battery went dead - now CD player won't work
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:23 PM
If everything is working other than the radio you might need to reset it. I had to with my aftermarket deck when I unplugged my bettery when I was doing my amp install and wiring things in my car.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search