Shuriken BT20 Battery install. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shuriken BT20 Battery install.
Saturday, December 31, 2011 1:24 PM
took out the heavy 40+ pound optima, and put in the nice 13 pound Shuriken BT20 with side post and top post. car fires up faster then with the Optima, and the stereo seems to be a bit crisper, with highs being a bit highers and bass being a bit deeper. so far so good. When I installed it, I unplugged the ICM and cranked for about 2 minutes before it started to sound weaker. so I am pretty confident that this battery will be able to hold up to the not so chilly arizona winter.

Re: Shuriken BT20 Battery install.
Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:02 PM
Thats pretty sweet. Where did you get the new battery at?
Sunday, January 01, 2012 2:09 AM
starter isnt really meant to be held cranking for more than 15 seconds spurts, poor bastard got run hard lol

Sunday, January 01, 2012 6:03 AM
You could have cooked an egg off that starter I bet. I impressed it went 2 mins.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 6:48 AM
sweet!!! whats the cca's? and whats it weigh?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:24 AM
with the tray it is 14 lbs the cca is 850

Sunday, January 01, 2012 10:09 AM
I think the 850 is just cranking amps. I was looking into the same battery. CA and CCA are not the same....

I wish I could run one of these small batteries. But Living where I do wont allow it. Good job.

***Cranking amps are the numbers of amperes a lead-acid battery at 32 degrees F (0 degrees C) can deliver for 30 seconds and maintain at least 1.2 volts per cell (7.2 volts for a 12 volt battery).

In other words, CA/cranking amps determine how much power you have to start your car in most climates. The basic job of a battery is to start an engine; it must crank, or rotate the crankshaft while at the same time maintain sufficient voltage to activate the ignition system until the engine fires and maintains rotation. This requirement involves a high discharge rate in amperes for a short period of time.

Since it is more difficult for a battery to deliver power when it is cold, and since the engine requires more power to turn over when it is cold, the Cold Cranking rating is defined as: The number of amperes a lead-acid battery at 0 degrees F (-17.8 degrees C) can deliver for 30 seconds and maintain at least 1.2 volts per cell (7.2 volts for a 12-volt battery).

In other words, CCA/cold cranking amps determine how much power you have to start your car on cold winter mornings.

***SHURiKEN AGM Car Audio Power Cell

This SHURiKEN 12-Volt Car Audio Power Cell features a sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) design and is perfect for 600-watt car audio sound systems. The SK-BT20 can be used as a replacement for your vehicles standard battery or as an additional battery to provide the extra power needed for a high performance aftermarket system. It's unique spill free design allow this power cell to fit in most factory battery locations with no hazardous leaks.

SHURiKEN's SK-BT20 Power Cell puts out 850 cranking amps with a 20 amp hour rating. This battery will resist extreme heat conditions and vibrations and is 100% sealed in a reinforced ABS plastic case. SHURiKEN has designed this power cell to be used with ring terminals or a buss bar. You will love the way SHURiKEN batteries get your system powered up and ready to go!
Battery Features

12V High Performance AGM Car Battery
For use with audio systems up to 600 watts
Engineered specifically to meet the needs of a high end audio system
Using AGM (Absorbed Glass Matt) technology allows the battery to be mounted in any position
Unique spill free design
Extreme heat resistance
Resistant to heavy vibrations
Super low ESR
Packed closely with pure lead plates
100% Sealed and maintenance free
Designed to be used with ring terminals or a buss bar
SAE Posts available: Shuriken SK-SAE20
Wing Nuts with Posts available: Shuriken SK-WN120
Authorized Internet Dealer
1-year Manufacturer's warranty

Battery Specifications

Amp Hours: 20
Cranking Amps: 850
Weight: 14 lbs.
Dimensions: 3"D x 7-1/2"W x 6-1/2"H
Sunday, January 01, 2012 5:12 PM
well thanks for the info Philly. i knew it would work for my needs. in arizona we dont have many chilly mornings.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 6:02 PM
Seems kind of pointless...

------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:23 PM
cavmania wrote:Seems kind of pointless...

it would to you because you have NO idea what i am trying to achieve. its not pointless for too reason....one its reduces weight......2 it gives me room to add more capacity to my heat exchanger coolant without moving the battery into the trunk.

Monday, January 02, 2012 10:31 PM
cavmania wrote:Seems kind of pointless...

No more than your post.

***Brand New In the Box Pioneer GM-D8500M For Sale***

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 1:28 PM
is there anyway to tell cca from ca?
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 6:00 AM
Yes.... it will say it on the battery

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 8:56 AM
not bad....i was looking into something like this but with me moving the battery to the trunk not sure if the weight transfer being in the rear would really change things

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 10:20 AM
Don't let this battery get to dawn down. The plates are very thin if it is only 20 Amp Hours. I'm sure it works great if you keep it maintained.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 11:23 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Don't let this battery get to dawn down. The plates are very thin if it is only 20 Amp Hours. I'm sure it works great if you keep it maintained.

dawn down?

Ive had it in a few days now. sat for a full 36 hours with my ipod plugged in, and fired right up. still quicker then my Optima used to. So I am pretty sure it will be good for me. If it turns out to be a dud later on down the line, there are not perm mods done to the car to make it work, so I will get a new red top and call it a day.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 6:34 PM
It should last for a long time, but if you accidentally kill it, and need a jump. It will do a lot of damage to this battery since the plates are so thin. Unlike most other batteries that use LARGER AND THICKER plates. I'm confident it will last perfectly fine as long as you do not drain it enough to not start the car.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 6:48 PM
Oh i got ya Mike.

Friday, January 20, 2012 5:20 PM
I'm looking into doing the same swap. Do you think there's enough room for 2 and then wire them in parallel or would 2 be overkill?
Sunday, January 22, 2012 10:46 AM
I'm surprised you can "Hear the difference" of a 750ca Optima to a 850ca. But yeah. Ummmm nice battery.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search