Head Unit Fit? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Head Unit Fit?
Thursday, February 02, 2012 7:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows, if a kenwood kdc x595 will fit in a 97 cav? Crutchfield says it wont fit, im kinda thinking it should fit..??

Re: Head Unit Fit?
Thursday, February 02, 2012 8:16 PM
It will fit the front opening, but it may be too long and you might have to cut some of the plastic from the back out. Either way, it will not be seen. You will need an instillation kit and I also suggest the wiring harness to make it a plug in affair with the stock harness.

Friday, February 03, 2012 3:30 PM
It will fit with an installation kit. Crutchfield is a little stupid on stuff like that. They sell kits to put single din radios in a Cavaliers double-din opening but they only list double-dins as being compatible.

Friday, February 03, 2012 3:53 PM
I have no idea why i put cavalier, its a sunfire.. lol.. They have the same dash right? On crutchfield, says itll fit a cavalier not a sunfire.. kinda odd... think ill go with that one anyway... Anyone have recomdenations for some cheap component speakers for the front. Dont need to spend to much, its the work car...
Friday, February 03, 2012 4:05 PM
Same size radio opening on both the Cavalier and Sunfire. NOT same dash though. It will fit. As far as good cheap component speakers... Ask someone else... I will be no help in that department. I will leave that up to the audio experts.

Saturday, February 04, 2012 2:45 PM
Freelancer1988 wrote:Same size radio opening on both the Cavalier and Sunfire. NOT same dash though. It will fit. As far as good cheap component speakers... Ask someone else... I will be no help in that department. I will leave that up to the audio experts.

Depends upon year 95-99 theyre different Cavs are double mines a din and a half. I believe 00-05 are the same though.

Im not good at recommending product.

Saturday, February 04, 2012 5:56 PM
crutchfield will only say something fits if it will install without having to adjust or cut or change anything.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, February 04, 2012 7:29 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:
Freelancer1988 wrote:Same size radio opening on both the Cavalier and Sunfire. NOT same dash though. It will fit. As far as good cheap component speakers... Ask someone else... I will be no help in that department. I will leave that up to the audio experts.

Depends upon year 95-99 theyre different Cavs are double mines a din and a half. I believe 00-05 are the same though.

mine is a 1.5 din as well.

Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:20 AM
As far as cheap speakers go, if it's "just the work car" and you don't want to spend much, I would assume you're not buying an amp. I would just get some half decent $50 drop in speakers to upgrade from stock and call it good enough. Without an amp to provide a bit more power than the head unit's power, most component speakers are going to leave a lot to be desired. They're built to take power and without it, they will be lacking. Most cheaper coaxial speakers are made for lower power and therefore can perform better without much power. Not to say a component set won't sound better, or higher end speakers wont sound better, but they won't get as loud as you want without damaging them, unless you have them amped.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:05 PM
I have a little amp im gonna put with them. I was thinking about spending 100-150 on the speakers. I want some sound quality, something with some decent tweeters. just dont need to spend alot. I have my camaro, when i need a fix. It has the older Mb quart premuims, before they got bought and 2 12 w6v2's. I was reading around and i think i read, that u sell rainbows? How much would germs be? Or do they still make those?
Monday, February 06, 2012 9:17 AM
Freelancer1988 wrote:
TheSundownFire wrote:

mine is a 1.5 din as well.

Well I stand corrected. I couldve swore my bosses 98 Z24 had a double din though.

Monday, February 06, 2012 1:08 PM
Dude, germaniums are not going to be anywhere near 150 lol. But if you want to know, ill pm you later tonight when I get home to my price list. I work a different day Jo. So I don't have it all on hand. And for $150 or so, I MIGHT be able to find something for you in rainbows lineup ill check it all out when I get home. Feel free to pm me with any more info or questions.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, February 06, 2012 7:33 PM
Lol. i know.. I was thinking for the rears of the camaro maybe...
Saturday, March 03, 2012 11:44 AM
drew drew wrote:I was wondering if anyone knows, if a kenwood kdc x595 will fit in a 97 cav? Crutchfield says it wont fit, im kinda thinking it should fit..??

It'll fit. Unless it's longer than my x592 in the back. Even though it is a tight squeeze as far as the wires on the drivers side.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My Car Website
http://www.theallin1der.com

My Cardomain Page
http://cardomain.com/ride/3108332

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search