ground wire - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ground wire
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:30 AM
I want to run a 0 gauge wire from the trunk to the battery. Is that going to be okay? Ill be running 2 batterys.

Re: ground wire
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:10 AM
Run the wire from engine battery positive to rear battery positive and ground the rear battery somewhere back there. Jump the power for the amps off of the rear battery. I think thats what youre asking. Size is irrelevant as long as you can make it fit. Lanman runs 3/0 and theres a few on here that run multiple runs of 1/0 to a buss bar in the back.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:32 AM
No no, its so hard typing on a DROIDS small as$ keyboard, I want to run 0 gauge power wire from first battery in front to the second battery in back to my capacitor to my amp, then run the GROUND wire from the amp back to the capacitor to the second battery in the trunk then to the battery in front. All with 0 gauge. I hope that makes more seance.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:26 PM
So youre jumping the ground wire from amp to cap to battery to front battery then ground? Theres not really any reason to. The only time Ive seen people run a ground to the front is to fight interference but in all reality your ground should be as short as possible, usually under a foot. What you really should do is ground the front battery up front then ground everything in the back to a buss bar then to ground. Either that or give each component its own ground wire to ground but ground them all in the same area on the chassis.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:47 PM
See I don't have a good place to put my ground wire in the trunk. And I don't want to f@#$ up my 700 daller amp from not having it wired properly.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:22 PM
So find a spot to sand the paint off the chassis, get a good solid bolt and lock washer, ground the amp to the chassis and spray some paint over it to prevent rust. There's a right way, a wrong way, and a hard way to do it. You seem to be over thinking and over complicating this whole thing man. Keep it simple.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:16 AM
You can't find a spot?!
The whole floor is a spot (excluding under the rear seat bottom)

Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:51 AM
Its not that I can't find a ground. Its that I can't find a ground that I like that I feel is the most direct rought to the -battery terminal on the battery. I feel that its most direct running a wire there. I mean think about it. What's more conductive? Steel or copper?
Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:12 PM
Again over thinking things. Serious Jesus christ.......

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, March 31, 2012 3:24 PM
Ryan Levesque wrote:Its not that I can't find a ground. Its that I can't find a ground that I like that I feel is the most direct rought to the -battery terminal on the battery. I feel that its most direct running a wire there. I mean think about it. What's more conductive? Steel or copper?

the entire body of the car is a ground, what do you think you battery ground is bolted to other then you engine............

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search