need 2000 sunfire radio install help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need 2000 sunfire radio install help
Sunday, April 01, 2012 2:04 PM
ive got a 2000 sunfire that the pevious owner jerry rigged the cd player in. well i took it out because it was broke and didnt work anyway. so i bought the new antenna adatper but he also cut the factory connector off of the harness so now im guessing what wire does what. so coming out of the dash their is two grey wires and two black wires. one of the black wires should be the car radio ground and the other should be ? also there is two grey wires coming out of it as well. one is for the left fron speaker negative wire and the other is the radio illumination wire? correct? somebody correct me if im wrong on any of these. also on the harness coming out of the old radio they had the ignition 12v and the battery 12v spliced together? ive got all the wires hooked up except i need to know which grey wire is which for one of the speakers. and then i need to know where i hook the "remote turn on",and the "ignition 12v+" and "battery 12v+" too. and of course find out what that other mystery black wire goes to.

basically i need help hooking up the two grey and black wires and what the power sources from the radio goes to i guess.

Re: need 2000 sunfire radio install help
Sunday, April 01, 2012 3:16 PM
What you should do, not that everyone can/would want to, in the event that the previous owner chopped the factory plug(lazy cheap ass), go to the junk yard and find a J body of your year and chop it out and splice it back in correctly. Then go buy a stereo adapter for the aftermarket one. That way, you are back to having all the factory wiring you're supposed to.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, April 01, 2012 3:29 PM
Well I ordered the adapter. I'll have to look
Around at the junkyards for the other connector. But even then how am I going to know which black wire is which?
Thursday, August 01, 2013 10:29 AM
I have this exact same problem.. but no access to get a new connector. so just need to know how to how to decipher the color codes to know neg and positive on the speaker wires?? I have a multimeter... just need some step by step please!
Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:24 AM
A junkyard car will allow you to see where everything goes.

Monday, August 05, 2013 11:34 AM
This should be it...

Radio 12V orange + Radio Harness
Radio Ground black - radio harness
Radio Ignition (Class 2 Serial Data)
Radio Illumination gray (dimmer) + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on pink + radio harness or amplifier
Power Antenna N/A
LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness
RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 9:38 PM
Then the light and dark purple..and extra black?. Passenger door uses light purple and rl speaker has dark p to it... Do i just tie t in with the light which is neg anyways?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search