Installing new HU in 01 Cavy - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Installing new HU in 01 Cavy
Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:44 AM
Have an 01 Cavy and want to install my old head unit with the flip out screen. Are these any different then regular cd players for the install in the 01's? In my 99 I never had any issues but with the new model cavy and all the extra bull@!#$ that goes with it I wanna make sure I'm gonna be able to do it right.

I read through the FAQ on the 00+ installs from like 9 years ago and would appreciate if one of you audio buffs could help a guy out cause I'm sure there could be some more current info on installing in the new car.

Am I still gonna use the chevy tracker harness/plug and a canyon mounting kit? Still have to run a wire from the HU to the wiper fuse?

A list of things I will need would be awesome if you guys don't mind.

Sorry for being noobish, but I've been out of the game for a few years and am now slowly getting back into it...

Thanks in advance

Re: Installing new HU in 01 Cavy
Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:02 PM
Yes and yes
Re: Installing new HU in 01 Cavy
Monday, April 02, 2012 8:00 AM
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Attempting to install a single din with the flip out screen in an 01'. I have a Metra dash kit and the opening was too small for the unit. I saw online some people complain about that so I ordered a Scosche kit. Hoping it goes better, I'll let you know how it fits. Also, on mine the unit was too deep, I'm going to have to cut the plastic in the back with a Dremel tool.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search