air bags - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
air bags
Friday, June 08, 2012 3:39 PM
I have a 97 cavy that whent in a ditch and set the air bags off. I have the air bags dash cover and sensers out of another 97 cavy. Can I switch out all of this and is there any thing that needs reset? thanks in advance.

Re: air bags
Friday, June 08, 2012 6:23 PM
yup. you'll need the abs module out of the same car you pulled everything from. even then, you may have to go to a dealer and have them code it all with a tech 2. question is, any crash involving a ditch bad enough to set off the air bags in a j is bad enough to total the car, why are you putting new bags in a car not safe to drive?

car audio noob since 1984.
Saturday, June 09, 2012 9:47 AM
I bought the car wrecked some farmer says he hooked a tractor to both ends and pulled the front end out. You can hardly tell it was wrecked, little crinkle in the fender and the air bags. I bout it to race then found out the 2.4 isn't a good motor for that so thought id drive it to work and back.
Saturday, June 09, 2012 3:14 PM
WOW. Smashed in the front hard enough to blow the bags, "frame pulled" with tractors, and you still payed money and want to put it on the road? GTFO.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, June 09, 2012 9:21 PM
race smith wrote:I bought the car wrecked some farmer says he hooked a tractor to both ends and pulled the front end out. You can hardly tell it was wrecked, little crinkle in the fender and the air bags. I bout it to race then found out the 2.4 isn't a good motor for that so thought id drive it to work and back.
so the next time it hits a speed bump it folds in half. sounds like a car i'd wanna drive.

car audio noob since 1984.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search