Headlight switch, or something more in depth? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headlight switch, or something more in depth?
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:40 AM
I've been having a problem with my 2001 cavalier sedan. I have a sunfire cluster and hvac unit. I believe it is an electrical problem where i loose headlights, horn, dome lights, radio gets reset, cluster operation. The only thing i have is turn signals and hazards, if the car is running, it will stay running, but if the car is off the car will start but shut off within 15 seconds and doesn't stay running.

I have checked all the connections from the battery and starter, and they are both tight. I checked the connections to the fuse panel under the hood, as well as the fuse box in the dashboard. When the car is acting up, there is no power to the interior fuse panel. However if you flip through the headlight switch, (running lights, headlights) after a while the car comes back, and i have to reset the radio, and i also get a service light and theft light on the cluster. Is this a cluster problem, headlight switch problem, or a grounding problem because i am not blowing fuses. Any help or insight is appreciated. While driving during the daytime, the cluster sometimes resets, and/or cycles, but the car stays running. I have had the sunfire cluster and hid's for almost a year now and have only had this problem for about 2 months. Its been getting annoying to flip the hazards and pull over until the lights come back on at night.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d

Re: Headlight switch, or something more in depth?
Friday, July 06, 2012 10:41 AM
Check the ground underneath your battery tray.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 7:54 PM
Test the ignition switch while its failing

Monday, July 09, 2012 10:11 AM
I have upgraded battery cables, battery to chassis, battery to block, and block to chassis. I will check the ignition switch thanks

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:50 PM
bump an old thread, what ended up being the problem? im having the same kinda issues as well but its only when i turn my headlights fully on that my gauges go wonky and when i signal sometimes the radio resets, only been 2 days now but thats way to long lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search