12" JLW7 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
12" JLW7
Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:34 PM
Hello Gang...

I have a 2003 Cavalier Z24 (Canadian So It Is A Z24)..... I have 2 12" JLW7's in my Silverado right now in a box which is pretty decently sized (and audison amp).... Anyhow I was going to do a pick stereo setup in my stock and do a big interior modification with bucket seats in the back but purchased this car a few months ago to save on fuel... Well I now drive the car all the time and am rarely in my truck (use it to tow my atv)... So I am going to just put my truck back to stock and I want to move the stereo to my car.. Now I'd like to know if anyone has put in 2 12W7's into one of these cars... Maybe if you have pictures it would be sweet too.. I just want to know how small of a box I can make without sacrificing sound quality and loudness... I am more for SQ then SPL anyhow.... I use this car as my daily driver, grocery getter etc.... So I don't want to loose to much trunk space.. I still have my truck for bigger items.... If the box is too big I could just put on sub in the car and sell the other (which was a thought I had)...

So can anyone help me out with pictures or information....

Thanks

Re: 12" JLW7
Friday, June 15, 2012 5:54 AM
Jlaudio.com will have recommended box sizes for you. I would try to just stick to 1 if you want to keep plenty of trunk space

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Re: 12" JLW7
Friday, June 15, 2012 6:10 PM
Yeah, with a decent size/quality box and the correct in trunk placement you can get a lot of sound moving through a cavalier with just one sub.
Re: 12
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:04 PM

Started and never finished. It was nice though.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:09 PM
^ Very nice.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:11 PM
Did you cut away from the body or the box to make that fit?
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:48 PM
Yes

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:56 PM
Let me rephrase, was it the box you cut? Or the body you cut? I just can't tell by the picture.
Sorry if this question sounds dumb but I'm looking to do a similar set up and the corners of my box wont fit so I'm trying to figure out which I should cut away.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:58 PM
For the setup he has pictured, you would need to cut/notch the diagonal wing pieces of the body on the car to fit that box.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:59 PM
Thank you. That brings pretty much everything together in my head.
Saturday, June 23, 2012 4:23 PM
Jordan I actually figured out what the problem was with your fittings, I had a similar issue with some I bought for another project. There is a third type of flare that uses a similar fittings. I should have sent you a couple extra bucks to have to send those back to me. My supplier would have swapped them out as they were packaged wrong.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:27 AM
DSMskyline wrote:Jordan I actually figured out what the problem was with your fittings, I had a similar issue with some I bought for another project. There is a third type of flare that uses a similar fittings. I should have sent you a couple extra bucks to have to send those back to me. My supplier would have swapped them out as they were packaged wrong.

Not sure how this ended up here. Should have.been in another topic. Sorry about that.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:53 PM
I am about to build some custom fiberglass sub boxes in my trunk of my 04. I will post pics when I'm done and I will let you know how it sounds and how much room I have left in my trunk.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search