Sound processors/ bass enhancers good idea onr not? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sound processors/ bass enhancers good idea onr not?
Monday, August 27, 2012 8:00 AM
I recently bought an RE Audio SE-X 10D4 (600 RMS) it going to be pushed by a Memphis 16MCD-500 which is rated at 500 RMS. Is it a good idea to get a digital bass enhancer or not? Do the bass enhancers even make that much of a difference in SQ? I'm trying to make my build more for SQ than anything, anybody running one?

Re: Sound processors/ bass enhancers good idea onr not?
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:26 PM
Basically, if you're stuck with the factory deck they can improve your sound a decent amount. If you have the option to go with an aftermarket deck, you're better off taking that route.

It's better to get good sound directly rather than taking a poor signal and monkeying with it to try and make it sound better.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:59 PM
bradsk88 wrote:Basically, if you're stuck with the factory deck they can improve your sound a decent amount. If you have the option to go with an aftermarket deck, you're better off taking that route.

It's better to get good sound directly rather than taking a poor signal and monkeying with it to try and make it sound better.

I'm running a Pioneer HU. I was wondering if sound processors were a waste of money like capacitors. I installed everything and I am happy with the sound as is, my only gripe is one of the 6*9s burned a voice coil
Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:12 PM
Then your Re-Q is just a glorified equalizer.

If you like the sound that's cool, but you could have had the same effect by tweaking the deck's EQ (unless it only has, like, a 2-band eq)

Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:16 PM
bradsk88 wrote:Then your Re-Q is just a glorified equalizer.

If you like the sound that's cool, but you could have had the same effect by tweaking the deck's EQ (unless it only has, like, a 2-band eq)

Actually I never bought the sound processor , I was thinking about it cause furthered on sale. My RE SE-X is awsome as is ,SQ all the time and gets loud enough to turn some heads
Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:14 PM
Oh sorry I misread RE Audio as Re-Q

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search