computer - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
computer
Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:34 PM
ok i was thinking about hooking up a computer in my cavy to have to run a system and also to have a hpt on it so i can tune and monitor right in my car. i wanted to know what i would have to do to hook it into my system...ill be making a custom dash for the screen and probably go with a touch screen just to make using it a little easier to use..thoughts?

Re: computer
Thursday, November 08, 2012 1:13 PM
mp3.com
Have a look over there.
Friday, November 09, 2012 5:33 AM
ok that just has music on it...i wanted to know how to hook it up into my system and into my car...i know im gonna need a power source to power the computer but im not great with wiring and just asking what needs to be done to wire it in
Friday, November 09, 2012 7:00 AM
get a laptop and a car charger for said laptop. then hide it somewhere out of site but with ventilation so it doesnt overheat. then put the screen your'e getting and put it wherever you want. hook the screen up to the laptop, and poof, carputer.

car audio noob since 1984.
Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:12 PM
I don't know that I would want a touch screen for HPT but otherwise it sounds like a cool project. if you have a mini laptop hidden in the glove box, be sure to add some active ventilation as mentioned before. a small case fan and a way to get the air in and out will work.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:10 AM
decided to rule out HPT but still have the comp in there...and ill have to figure out a good venting option. i already have a laptop but its screen is broken so i just have to buy a touch screen and then work on fabbing up a dash tto fit it in.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:19 AM
Still working on it? I rerouted a portion of the venting in the dash. Only time it's needed is if the comp is put up, out of the dash it has an enough venting. Turning on the defrost to cool if extra needed. I used a OBDII to serial port to interface with my ECU, pretty sure it goes without mention that the warranty went bye bye. Good luck.

Z doesn't mean last, it just lapped A.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search