98 Cavalier ETS (Electronic Traction System) - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 Cavalier ETS (Electronic Traction System)
Friday, February 08, 2013 8:27 AM
Hello my 1998 Cavalier has ETS but no switch to turn it off like newer Cavaliers/Sunfires do have on the gear shift if anyone knows how to wire a switch into the circuit so you can turn it on and off that would be great i been looking in my hanes booklet but of course there is nothing about the ABS electronics or a wiring diagram for it so if people can please help a person out i hate having traction control in the winter when i want my tires to spin and not my engine lacking power due to the ETS system.

Re: 98 Cavalier ETS (Electronic Traction System)
Friday, February 08, 2013 5:39 PM
Pull the e brake up one click will disable ets when you want it off.

Have a nice day.
Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:34 AM
or drop it down into first or second gear.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Saturday, February 09, 2013 4:06 PM
i know all those but i dont want to constantly have to lift my ebrake up and have the red light turn on my dash and 2 i dont want to constantly have to down shift to spin my tires for the traction control i know newer cavaliers and sunfires have the on/off button i want to know the circuit so i can wire one in myself
Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:20 PM
no they don't.. jbodys didnt have an option to turn traction control off. unless they hid the button damn good I never found it in my 04.

Have a nice day.
Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:31 PM
Then Your Model didnt come with it cause before i bought my Cav we looked at a couple at dealers price was to much but had the button on the gear shift to turn off trac
Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:49 AM
I have yet to see a Cavalier with the ETS off button. I've seen it on many Sunfires though.. In fact, I'm almost certain it wasn't even offered on the Cavalier.

The switch in the shifter connects a wire to the EBCM under the dash to ground. I don't know what pin it is, sorry, you'll have to look into some schematics and figure it out... but even if you do, the EBCM in your Cav might not know what to do with the input if it's not programmed for it.
Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:15 PM
Lol so my loaded LSS didnt have a simple button for trac off? Makes sense.

It may be that cavaliers didnt but sunfires did, beings sunfires are the more luxury oriented.

Have a nice day.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:10 AM
Lol, all I want is mine to come on, you want to turn yours off, but last I read up they are connected directly to the car computer, interfacing with it will be your best option since it auto-off's on me unless I am plugged in threw the laptop. Pontiac Grand-Am's hace that same button you speak of but 97 Z24 of mine does not. Hope this helps.

Z doesn't mean last, it just lapped A.
Friday, March 01, 2013 6:27 PM
i have a wiring diagram from a pontiac sunfire that has the switch so i'm gonna try to wire it when the weather warms up
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search