Passlock Programing Issue - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Passlock Programing Issue
Friday, February 15, 2013 9:26 PM
Good day all, I have a 1997 Sunfire SE 2.2L. It is being converted to a circle track car, what I would like to accomplish is to have and ignition switch and a start button on the car as I will be running a straight steering column shaft. The original steering column has been removed from the car including the ignition switch. All the wire connectors are still in the car as per the factory setup. My issue is how to wire this so that it will work with a toggle switch for the ignition and start button to fire the car. I do realize that it gets more complicated due to the fact that this car has a passlock system on it. I also still have the cluster hooked up for the time being. Does anyone know a proper way to wire this up so that I can "A" disable the paslock feature on this car for good, "b" wire the ignition switch, "c" wire the start button? All your input and help is much appreciated!!!! If there is any further information you require regarding the car or setups please feel free to ask.

Thank you all in advance,

Re: Passlock Programing Issue
Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:14 AM
Just use the key switch. If it isn't broken, dont try to fix it. I don't know why you would want to take one switch out to add back two. If you want a quick kill toggle switch you can splice that in for safety reasons if you wish.

Have a nice day.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search