electrical engineer -help me design circuit- - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
electrical engineer -help me design circuit-
Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:05 PM
I know what I want, but I'm completely stumped as to how to build it.

I need a circuit that will consist of the following:

-has 12-14volt input DC as a reference
-has single input wire that will have differing impedance values depending on which button is being pushed(all buttons run on same wire)
-has several individual output wires(4 outputs minimum)
-depending on resistance of the input, the circuit will trigger a single output

I have no idea where to even start to build something like this other than a breadboard and buying some stuff from digikey or radioshack.

if anyone who knows more about electrical engineering can give me some insight, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Re: electrical engineer -help me design circuit-
Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:18 PM
Im not an engineer but I am a electrician.

First step is id draw out what im trying to do and then from there design the circuit.

Is there anyway you can explain it better? Im not fully sure what you mean by the three buttons are on the same wire.

You meaning that one side of the button will be your 12-14v source and the other side will be your grounding circuit?

Typically in school we just start to draw it out and go from there. If it makes things easier think of electricity as water.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:22 AM
explaining the functions of these buttons will be a big help. And huh, looking at as water, amazingly just made a lot of stuff easier for me. Thanks Philly.

Z doesn't mean last, it just lapped A.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:38 AM
Is this for the Power steering pump signal?

Need more info.

Also, my buddy has used....http://www.pad2pad.com/

Downloaded the software, and designed the board. Not sure how much you have ever done with board design...

I know enough to be dangerous....

If your doing one off. A one sided, and through pin board will be the cheapest. In my opinion.....even if you have to run a wired jumper for a trace.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:46 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:33 PM
This seems like the hard way to do something simple. a better explanation of what you are trying to accomplish would be greatly appreciated. Why does this need 1 wire for the input state and what would cause another 3 wire to be too much trouble?

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:03 PM
this fell by the wayside, but basically I was trying to use factory radio controls (which communicates on a single wire for multiple inputs) to trigger different outputs... be it launch control, hi/low boost, etc.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search