mounting componet tweeters - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
mounting componet tweeters
Friday, March 01, 2013 9:24 PM
hey guys, just picked up a set of macrom components, really nice speakers. anyways, i need a few suggestions as to where to mount the tweeters. i just got a set of mint door skins so i don't want to be cutting them up to mount them in the skins.

Re: mounting componet tweeters
Friday, March 01, 2013 10:52 PM
Most people put them on the mirror sails on the inside

Modding my j since I found the org
Saturday, March 02, 2013 6:32 AM
Its hard to mount them there with the mirror control there though... mine were mounted near the power lock switches on the doors but like you said dont want to ruin good door panels... then again anywhere you put them will ruin that piece... would it work to mount them inside the door next to the front speaker? It probably wouldnt be the best place for sound quality but out of sight - out of mind.

Have a nice day.
Saturday, March 02, 2013 9:57 AM
Jordan wrote:Its hard to mount them there with the mirror control there though... mine were mounted near the power lock switches on the doors but like you said dont want to ruin good door panels... then again anywhere you put them will ruin that piece... would it work to mount them inside the door next to the front speaker? It probably wouldnt be the best place for sound quality but out of sight - out of mind.

i do like the idea of the mirror sails but your right jordan for the drivers this the control arm would be right in the way.

there is a spot for the factory tweeter but i don't know if it gonna fit yet. i'm gonna wait to get my new door skins then i will pull off the old ones and see if they fit or not. might see if i can do a little trimming if they don't fit and put them in there. i'm trying to keep the interior as factory as possible aside from my steering wheel and a few painted pieces

Saturday, March 02, 2013 10:06 AM
I mounted my focal tweeters in the top dash panel. It just unclips. And with the focal tweeters this works very well as they are not bright.

Saturday, March 02, 2013 11:04 AM
dont supposed you have any pics of that setup?

Saturday, March 02, 2013 3:52 PM
if they're a standard 1" tweeter that comes out of the mounting cups, they should be able to fit in the stock sunfire tweeter locations with minimal modification.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, March 03, 2013 7:18 AM
Here are a few pics..

Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:27 AM
thanks for the pics jason, i really like that setup.

JL not sure yet i'll have to measure them

Sunday, March 03, 2013 9:54 AM
Your welcome.

Hard to see in the pics. But the tweeters are angled in towards the center of the dash.

And before ppl say that's to far from the door speaker to tweeter. With the focals you can get away with this set up. As focal tweeters are not like a standard tweeter.

Your tweeters should be the same and ok to do this with. I would just set the tweeter output in you crossover to a lower setting first. And move it up if you want to make it brighter.
Sunday, March 03, 2013 10:26 AM
I had mine set up like Jason's and really liked it. It really pulled the stage up forward doing it this way. Everyone has their preferences, just my .02

"In Oldskool we trust"

Sunday, March 03, 2013 5:26 PM
i think what i'll do is just use some double sided tape and tape them in that position and test them out to see if i like the placement. as for adjusting the power output to the tweeters i dont think my crossovers are adjustable

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search