Car Smoking! Not overheating! PLEASE HELP! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car Smoking! Not overheating! PLEASE HELP!
Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:04 AM
Yesterday my driver side headlight went out and kept comin on and off and my working one was getting brighter and dimmer (fyi i have ccfl halo headlights). If i cut my high beams on, they wouldnt cut off til i shut the lights off. Then my fog lights came on by themselves and if u hit the button they got brighter, hit it again they dimmed but stayed on. i shut my car off and went inside but 15 minutes later my neighbor came and told me my fog lights were still on. I disconnected the battery and use this as my option to shut my car off everytime i drive now.. An hour ago i was pulling into mcdonalds and smoke starts rolling out from my hood, especially my driver side wheel weld, where the battery is located. i have never smelt anything like this. Will someone please help!!! none of this makes any sense. Also my postive battery terminal is about an inch or two away from the arm on my intake. is that bad too?

Re: Car Smoking! Not overheating! PLEASE HELP!
Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:51 AM
Sounds like an electrical short...my guess is the halos are wired wrong or more likely some of the connections have come loose causing a short and thus smoke and smell

Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:10 PM
Thanks for the reply. One of the ends that connects my front end to everything else shorted. Another random question tho, how do u get the pic of ur car at the bottom of ur post? Says mines too big
Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:18 PM
Its got to fit inside the box that comes up when you check to see if your sig is worthy...if it does shrink the picture in photo editing software till it does...there's a pixel size on here somewhere tha tells you max size

Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:20 PM
Friday, March 15, 2013 8:33 AM
Thanks man. So we rewired everything and my cluster and taillights went out annd we figured out it wasnt gettin power so we hooked them up to my green leds and they work. Is it a bad bcm or multifunction switch? Fuse is goid
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search