Brake light Issue - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Brake light Issue
Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:50 AM
Hey, so i've installed a new HU, and when i originally installed it, i had it switched power hooked up to CIG lighter ( not the best i know ) but it started smoking horribly, and i fried the power wire on my stereo, no blown fuses, relays. So i replaced the power wire, eveyrthing worked fine, i then re wired it to my wiper fuse.

NOW, my problem is this, i have NO brake lights, NO 3rd brake light, NO turn signals, NO hazard lights. No blinky blink, no flashy flash on the dash, Like they dont exists anymore. Im led to believe something BEHIND the radio fried that i missed but what wires run behind there in cohaliation with my brakes etc? :S

Help is appreciated since its been almost a week driving without brake lights! lol

Re: Brake light Issue
Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:44 AM
Nothing is back there.. check all the fuses in the dash and under the hood.

Have a nice day.
Friday, March 29, 2013 2:34 AM
Already way beyond checked that.... Thanks captain obvious
Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:00 PM
I would suggest replacing multifunction switch.... buy one from the wreckers...

the cig lighter fuse is 20A, so unless you were getting back current or grounding somewhere, the wire shouldnt have fried.. that's the purpose of the fuse. Good to hear you re-wried the acc/power on your stereo.

All exterior lights power flows through the multifunction switch.

Monday, April 01, 2013 4:05 AM
Multi or combo switch? They are two different switches...thanks though! Brake switched replaced, now have brake lights no turn or haz
Monday, April 01, 2013 4:13 PM
The multi function switch is your turn signals/hazard/cruise/headlight/dimmer. Take the two halves of the steering column cover off and the whole assembly comes off as one.

Have a nice day.
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:33 AM
Just replaced the switch yesterday, still nothing not even a tick tick.. brake switch today, but for some reason i have a large doubt the brake switch controls ANYTHING of turn signals or tick tick
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 6:29 PM
There is a 20A EXT Lamp fuse... check to see if its blown. its located right next to the Cig Lighter fuse... which is 15A to correct (20A) what I said above.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search