00 Sunfire Speedometer and odometer dont work - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
00 Sunfire Speedometer and odometer dont work
Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:47 PM
I just bought a 2000 sunfire 2200 5-speed. ABS and CEL were on, and the odometer and speedometer don't work. The odometer is stuck at 133,476 or something, and it just doesnt add miles. I temporarily fixed a broken wire on the driver VSS until i can get a new connector, and then the ABS light shut off. But im still left with the CEL, odo, and speedo. Since my ABS light is off, i'm assuming the driver and passenger VSS's are OK. My buddy has an extra cluster he said i can try, out of his old 00 sunfire auto. Now for the odometer to work, does the speedo need to work as well? does the cluster send MPH to the BCM, and send that data back to the odometer? If that's the case, it may just be the cluster. But i'm wondering if the odometer is suppose to work, whether or not the speedo works. If that's the case, then maybe i have a bigger problem than i thought... Anyone have any other ideas?

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"

Re: 00 Sunfire Speedometer and odometer dont work
Thursday, June 06, 2013 4:56 PM
Turns out...when i was swapping the motor, my buddy unhooked all the wiring in the back of the motor and he unplugged the connector for the transmission which was unnecessary Plugged it in, and she's all good.

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search