Headunit Won't Power Up. Odd Prob - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headunit Won't Power Up. Odd Prob
Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:07 PM
Hey guys,

I've been slacking off at work today trying to figure out what is going on with my car's radio. I'll give you the run down real fast. I had this head unit installed in my car before then I sold my sub amp & subs. My set up runs 2 amps, a sub amp & a mids & highs amp. After i sold my amp & subs I put this head unit in my wife's car. My head unit needs to have 3 outputs and that’s why I'm taking this one back. So I pulled the head unit out of my wife’s car and installed it back in mine.

My problem is the head unit won't power up. I checked my ACC (ran myself into the fuse box); the ACC has power when the ignition is turned on. I checked my ground and its fine. My yellow + constant wire doesn't have power. Eureka right? Well I checked my fuses and they look fine (it's the one that says RDO right?). I hooked the power & ACC wire together & the head unit powered up for a few seconds & the amps got power.

I figured, @!#$ I’ll just run my own constant. Only now the head unit won't turn on with the constant wire ran to it. Any thoughts? Did I look in the right place for the fuse?

This unit ran flawlessly before.

Thanks
Josh

Re: Headunit Won't Power Up. Odd Prob
Tuesday, December 03, 2013 7:10 PM
I'm going to assume this is going in a cav I would check all the fuses in the driver side dash and replace any blown fuses first. If that doesn't fix the problem I would contact the support hotline for your head unit.

I just cant drive 55
Tuesday, December 03, 2013 9:52 PM
Whoops, yes it's a 00 cavalier.

I'll check all the fuses again tomorrow. Still though, Shouldn't the head unit turn on as long as it has power to the power wire & ignition wire?
Wednesday, December 04, 2013 1:05 PM
Figured it out. The orange power wire from the stock harness had split in two behind my harness. I fixed it and sure enough the head unit turned right on. But as always you fix one thing and something else breaks. I don't have any audio from my mids or highs.

My thunder elite 404 amp has power & the fuses are good but I don't hear anything. My sub is working just fine. Anyone have any ideas why I don't have mids & highs? I checked my connections and they're good.
Friday, May 09, 2014 8:42 PM
you sure you plugged the RCAs into the correct output in the back? i made that mistake once and my speakers didn't work. if thats not it check the speaker wire (I'm assuming its a 4 channel?) and check all the connections on both ends. if its a two channel then your left speakers will be in parallel and to the amp on the left side as well as your right speakers on the right side(thats how mine is) make sure if its like this that where the front(or the rear) speakers connect to the rear(or front) speakers that those connections are tight.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search