05 Sunfire, no High beams or fogs (help) - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
05 Sunfire, no High beams or fogs (help)
Thursday, June 26, 2014 12:22 PM
Okay, So since the day I bought this car, I've had no high beams. Besides the fact of not having bulbs in there to start, I bought a set and they did not light up when switched to high beam. The signal comes on the Gauge cluster, but no lights. I did voltage readings, I got 7v on the drivers side and 9v on the passenger side with the car running. I want to check the headlamp switch on the wheel, but I don't know where to check because my schematics do not show the lettering that's marked on the switch itself for the connectors. I'm not sure where to start on what my issue could be? Could it be the switch itself or could the wiring have gone bad? I don't want to throw money at it if I don't have to.

Also recently the same issue is with my fog lights. My fog lights do not work at all. The fuse isn't blown, but the lights do not come on at all, even when the switch is pressed to turn them on. The coolest (sarcasm) thing to happen to me yesterday was the internal lights on the gauge cluster and radio decided to shut off and the dimmer switch did not work as it should have when the head lights are switched to on. So far a small issue with electrical, I just hope it doesn't get worse from here...

I need an adultier adult.

Re: 05 Sunfire, no High beams or fogs (help)
Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:24 PM
check you batteries ground. weird electrical things happen when corrosion gets between the ground and chassis.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search