"The Big 3" Question..... - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
"The Big 3" Question.....
Wednesday, October 01, 2014 6:00 AM
If I'm using 8 gauge wire from the alternator positive to the battery positive what inline fuse do I need to use?

Re: "The Big 3" Question.....
Wednesday, October 01, 2014 6:53 AM
Believe I used a 100 amp on my ln2. I think 80 the absolute maximum it'll put out.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Re: "The Big 3" Question.....
Wednesday, October 01, 2014 7:43 AM
Most people used 100-150 amp. I'm running fuse-less.

Most of us used 4 gauge wiring. The ground from the battery to the engine block helped my idle a lot. It smoothed it out a ton.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Re:
Wednesday, October 01, 2014 7:59 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote: I'm running fuse-less.

So it's not a big deal if i run without a fuse temporarily?
Re:
Wednesday, October 01, 2014 8:31 AM
I use 100a 18" off the battery in the trunk and tie everything together at the 12+ terminal on the fuse box. I ran all last year without the fuse cause i blew it accidentally and didnt have a replacement.

On cold mornings it would pop 80a fuses on startup; but I think that may have been the starter being weak (this was a factory unit with like 130k on it and was temperamental). Replaced started moved to 100a and havent had any problems at all.

I wouldnt *not* run a fuse off the battery permanently, but temporarily I wouldnt hesitate. I ran a year without a problem and forgot i didnt even have a fuse Till I looked at it when i did all my fuel pump harnesses.

better safe than on fire. lol.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Re:
Wednesday, October 01, 2014 9:42 AM
Thanks for the advice!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search