radio - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
radio
Saturday, January 12, 2019 10:49 PM
Hey ive had an ongoing issue with my radio. When i turn the key to acc the radio comes on, when i go to start the car the radio shuts off. This only happens when its cold outside. If i restart the car after running for a bit the radio seems to work. The radio will not turn back on until i shut off and restart the car. Any thoughts? I have an aftermarket deck with the install kit for the chime thing

ReD RaiN

Re: radio
Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:04 AM
Sounds like something wrong with the module or wiring, if the problem is temperature dependent.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, January 13, 2019 10:44 PM
Could be the module. Im thinking if it was the wiring itd do it when its not cold too. The deck is older so could just be that. Any way it could have something to do with the ignition? My car starts rough if i dont let the fuel pump fully prime before turning it over. At times its like the flywheel catches or something if i try to start it right away. Also what does ignition 2 wire do exactly? Doesnt appear mine has one on the block..

ReD RaiN
Saturday, March 16, 2019 11:23 AM
Bad ignition switch is a possibility.
Saturday, March 16, 2019 10:15 PM
Thanks ill have to investigate more when the weather warms up

ReD RaiN
Wednesday, November 06, 2019 9:46 PM
Update. I checked my wiring, all is good. I tried wiggling the key while the car was running and no change. Still having the issue. Its a real pain. Especially now its getting colder again. Could be the module. Not sure how to check it for failure nor do i plan on replacing it. Just figured id try to fix it without spending money.

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search