Door open sensors - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Door open sensors
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:07 PM
My door open sensors have decided to crap out and now my doors think they are open all the time, or maybe closed....not really sure. Normally this wouldn't be too bad, but it's taken away the headlight chimes and my alarm keeps registering failed signal from the doors, so it shut them down completely. Also, it sets off four beeps and four honks of my hron to tell me that the sone isn't working, which is really annoying and slightly embarrasing in parking lots. This also means that all I have protecting the car is the shock sensor. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Could the alarm itself be the problem?

Re: Door open sensors
Thursday, February 17, 2005 7:14 PM

Thursday, February 17, 2005 8:48 PM
just pull the little dorr sensor pin out. if its sticking in, wd-40 it and it should loosen up

Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:19 PM
It's not that it's sticking. It still goes in and out easily. Well, maybe it's not coming out far enough? It seems to ove freel, but I'll try the WD-40 anyway. Thanks. Any other ideas in case that doesn't work?
Friday, February 18, 2005 10:06 AM
i had the same problem, that when i would arm the car, anytime while it wsa armed it would go off..for no reason
It was picking up that the door was being opened due to that sensor thing, being gone....
put the new one in, closed the door, and perfect!!
i think i paid about $8 C$$
Thanks,..

Kristen
Friday, February 18, 2005 4:18 PM
Did you get the sensor at a junkers or are they available through like an autozone od something?

Thanks
Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:23 AM
pick it up at the dealer.... there cheap..... I paid 8 bucks cdn each for mine
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search