W7 vs. Thunder 9500 - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: W7 vs. Thunder 9500
Monday, February 28, 2005 12:27 PM
w7's own, screw mtx

Monday, February 28, 2005 1:39 PM
Derf - GOOD POINTS!

BTW, mine does not any wooshing sounds at all, only music. But who knows, I might not have any clue as to what I heard or hear. EVERY person I ran into at the Bash last year was EXTREMELY IMPRESSED, or so they say.

Monday, February 28, 2005 1:43 PM
derf wrote:I am not critisizing your opinion. Just making a point.

Everyone can make their own opinion and I think car audio would be better if they did instead of basing opinions off of opinions which eventually get turned into fact. It creates a whole mess of BS.

But since we are on the topic can you describe the wooshing sound?

It's a very distinctive sound caused by the venting. We could here it in ported enclsoures the worst.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Monday, February 28, 2005 1:56 PM
Probably ONLY ported enclosures, who built the boxes? I've seen my share off crappy boxes, Your install is only good as it's weakest link. (old Stinger saying) You can have all the best of everything, but installed wrong will sound like @#$

Monday, February 28, 2005 2:28 PM
Sure it wasnt port noise? Was it a JL box? What size was it?

I know JL's boxes have a pretty narrow port. Manville Smith claims no port noise but you never know.

I havent had enough listening time with one to really say much though. Just curious.

"all your bass are belong to us"
Monday, February 28, 2005 2:46 PM
12x1.5 inch port, I think it is 22inches long. No noise outta mine.

Monday, February 28, 2005 3:38 PM
i don't like either one of the those subs. i would much rather have a phoenixgold titanium elite. But if i would have to pick one i would want the 9500. Its cheaper and it is a better sub in the catagories that they tested, even JL agrees, but it is all opinion. You could have a sub that is not as good sound better then bothe those subs if it was in a better box. Bad sub in good box is better then good sub in bad box
Monday, February 28, 2005 3:58 PM
If you want to buy a mtx 9900 go to mickeyshorr.com
we have them and all the new 2005 stuff.. otherwise I don't know what to tell you...
Monday, February 28, 2005 4:03 PM
like i said..nothing was crappy about the enclosure or install...i can't recall the specs on any of them offhand, but i knew what i was doing when i put it in. even when we hooked it up freeair you could here it's distinctive farts.

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:00 AM
Must have been the installer

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:45 AM
Installer has nothing to do with a speaker making mechanical noise free air.

Havent actually played with one myself I cant say its an isolated insident but I would think it is. What size was it?

"all your bass are belong to us"

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:24 PM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:Must have been the installer

must have....

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:10 PM
just as in everything theres never a clear cut answer, listening is very subjective, but that doesnt mean you cant get a good review from someone who's tastes you know, allot of reviews on here are completly worthless because most reviews say worthless things such as " it hits yo" "it was the loudest ive heard" " its crap" " it the best" those are completly worthless reviews. this does not however mean all reviews are worthless.

as for the noise from the jl it could be many things, speaker related, it could be something that wsiwyg hears only himself do to some irregularities in his hearing etc etc etc. just because one person says it sounds bad is his opinion, and shouldnt be taken personally since your basing it on opinion.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search