New Stereo Just Came In - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Stereo Just Came In
Friday, February 25, 2005 11:05 PM
i haven't posted here in a couple of years now. due to deployment to iraq..but anywayz i was just really excited about the new stereo which is slowly working its way into my car. i was just wondering if u guys would give me some opinions on if i am making the right decision on the install.i would really appreciate it. first off let me tell u what i have...i have 2 15in kicker solo baric L7's powered by a soundstream tarantula tr1600 amp and a stinger 3 farad cap. the amp is 800x2@4ohms or 1600x1@4ohms RMS. and of course i have 4 ohm subs. the box is replacing my back seat... please feel free to tell me what u guys think...i will post pics when i get it all installed which probably won't be till next weekend.

Re: New Stereo Just Came In
Saturday, February 26, 2005 6:52 AM
Cool, and welcome back. Is that box going to be sealed or ported?

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:53 AM
its gonna be ported...i don't know what size port its gonna be though...my friend is helping me build the box and what not....he knows more about that kinda of stuff than i would...i do know its gonna be around a 6 cubic foot box...
Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:00 AM
ditch the cap and upgrade your battery and the big 3 wiring you'll see more of an imporvement do that than just a cap.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:15 AM
well i am planning on gettin a yellow top optima batt. i'm probably gonna get that when everything starts making its way in it....i have all the good wires stinger HPM series 0 gauge power and ground..8 gauge going to my subs and 16 gauge going to my components.
Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:16 AM
i took alot of shortcuts on my last stereo..i plan on doing this one right....
Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:18 AM
upgrade o gauge from alternator to batter battery to chassis to motor for your big 3 and you'll get very loud. use the cap since you got it already . may help but i doubt it.
as far as the rest of the system . go ported and tune it low and you'll get very loud. although the kicker l7's readlly don't have the sound quality of other subs they get as loud as just about anything out there.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 4:09 PM
thanks for your input...i'll be sure to take all your advice in consideration.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search