Ordered! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ordered!
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:29 PM
Just ordered the final product for my sounds system (i hope)....I just ordered a pair of Infinity Reference Series 6.5" Component Speakers, these will give me even better highs than I have now, and will really round out my system. I also ordered speaker baffles for them and my 6x9's too. I will also be redoing the wiring in my car, by getting all new Monster Cable RF Wires, and Crimpless Connectors, and I will be cleaning up my wiring harness for my head unit. Does anyone know of a good place to put the tweeter for my components?

Re: Ordered!
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:01 PM
dont waste your time with connectors , crimp or no crimp. Nothing will ever beat someone who is handy with a sodering iron and uses heatshrink.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:57 AM
Sammy, put your tweeter no further than 6 inches from your 6 1/2 inch.

Beat it like it owes you money
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:46 AM
RapTOR wrote:dont waste your time with connectors , crimp or no crimp. Nothing will ever beat someone who is handy with a sodering iron and uses heatshrink.

I solder all my connections, but I can't exactly solder the wire directly to my amp

Thx for the input Lanman, may I ask why 6" and if u have any other tips I would greatly appreciate them, this is my first time installing components

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:22 AM
I've always thought that no more than 4" was ideal. Otherwise a whole crapload of other factors have to be considered.

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:14 PM
the reason is you try to keep tweeters as close as possible to the rest of the driver in order to maintain correct phases between the sound frequencies that are played by both drivers where the crossover points exist.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 6:10 AM
I see, that makes sense now that I think about it

Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:01 AM
RapTOR wrote:dont waste your time with connectors , crimp or no crimp. Nothing will ever beat someone who is handy with a sodering iron and uses heatshrink.

I agree although i had some friend who believed that sodering and heatshrink was a waste of time, and damages the wires and product.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:30 PM
I agree that soldering it the best way to go, but I am not going to solder wires directly to my amp, I solder wires directly to the speakers, but not the amp....it just ain't happening.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:34 PM
I don't think anyone sane would solder onto the amp. Besides, would it even work? I would think the solder just balls up.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:40 PM
^^^^^^^ true, I was jsut saying that, the reason why I have the crimpless connectors for my power and ground wires is because I don't wanna solder the wires. I soldered the wires to my wire terminals, I have taken all the necessary steps to get the best signal I can....at least I think. The only thing left to do for me is to get new RCA Cables.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search