SLOW power windows!!! Power? worn out? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SLOW power windows!!! Power? worn out?
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:27 PM
OK well in the last 6 months my power windows have grown EXCESSIVLY slow!! Its to the pont where they BALY crawl up. Now at first id think ohh there just worn out 100x miles of use on em opening em daly for 3 years...however they have decresed in speed at an even rate and i open my drivers window more hanthe passengers.

SO whats wrong? why doesit take me a good 2 min to close my windows?

relay bad maybe?

Re: SLOW power windows!!! Power? worn out?
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:21 AM
Try lubricating the track. Could be binding on stuff.

Beat it like it owes you money
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:24 AM
welcome to GM power windows...lol

i got my car with 45k miles, and the passenger side one barely moved at all....i replaced the motor (HUGE pain) and now it's great.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 1:44 PM
well crap I gotta get a another drivers door soon(will be my 3rd) so i guess ill just get a new motor with it...

Im gona try lubeing em and try running a direct power feed to it and see if its the power to it or the motor itself

Thursday, March 10, 2005 4:16 PM
both of mine ran out at about 50k i changed both of them got the motors off of ebay for about $60 its just a pain cause you have to drill out the rivots but they come with replacement rivots

Thursday, March 17, 2005 8:38 AM
so u drill out the rivets too? in my manual it says u have to take out the wholle window.. the rivet is a bitch udner the door handle and also a bitch guessing where the screws are u have to rip apart the door to find um sometimes..lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search